All the King's Men
[html]

Word Count » 3+

It was the boy he came across first, the big bear-faced one. In the mild afternoon light, boy and stallion seemed to melt together as one, ebony pelts blending and shifting. As yet unseen, the Hunter lingered in the silence of his observation, acidic olive eyes keenly stalking each movement of luperci and beast.

There were strange cages, dark lumps out of range of a rogue silver hoof. Woven and wicker, gleaming silver in places, the crates held much interest for the Thistle King. When he melted from the trees, it was with silent steps, gaze lingering on the conspicuous items and then on the dark pair.

The stallion knew his scent, but was a foolish, highly-strung beast. Although splendid to look on, Sirius' expression soured with the memory of hours spent struggling to control it. The Hunter was not truly made for horseback - His own feet served him much better. Regardless, he could appreciate the beauty of the animals, and their usefulness, their value. Especially now, when Pandemic's careful grooming made the stud gleam like molten onyx in the wavering light.

"Pandemic," Came the sensual tones, silvery and yet deep, like murky fast-flowing water with no clear depth. Such familiar tones were accompanied by a trademark crocodile smile, yellowed teeth glinting at the boy in greeting. There was a sharpness to him now, Sirius realized - Perhaps he was a boy no longer. "You've returned in one piece, I see... What of your tasks?"

He spoke, of course, of the riddles that had been hefted onto the dark youth's shoulder before he left for Freetown. Bring me a living jewel, a gem with a heartbeat. Bring me the eyes of Midnight and darkness. Such impossible, nonsensical trials. Yet, the Boss and his Auxiliary would not have given them, had they assumed the D'Angelo boy to have no hope at success. Sirius' pupils narrowed in hungry expectation.

<style>
.siritxt {font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; line-height:20px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px; padding:0px 0px 5px 0px; margin:5px auto; width:500px; }
.siritxt .inner {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/8Hs2Q.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:122px 0px 0px 0px;}
.siritxt .ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:tahoma, verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:justify; margin:5px auto; width:100%;}
.siritxt .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; font-style:normal;}
.siritxt p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.siritxt b {letter-spacing:1px; }
.siritxt u {text-decoration: none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; font-style:italic; font-variantConfusedmall-caps;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread