Bullet in the Barrel
[html]

Word Count » 3+

There was a strange pride that swelled within the chest of the King as he watched his Arbiter's reaction to the news about Pandemic. Having accepted the boy into adulthood just hours earlier, Sirius knew that his personal acceptance of both man and son would hold great sway for their place within the pack. Pandemic D'Angelo had much promise within him - Like his father, the boy seemed to be a simplistic creature, more attuned to the ways of the hot-blood than of the mind. The Thistle King hoped that this would lend itself towards an unfaltering devotion, such as the one he received from the Arbiter, but the thoughts of having to conquer another bear just to re-prove himself was not appealing. Hopefully, the ebony boy would follow in the footsteps of his sire and his sister, who both seemed to have accepted Sirius into their hearts and minds as unfailing lord and King.

His own mirth was mild in comparison to the quick smile that covered the face of the D'Angelo male, but it was true mirth nonetheless - An emotion that the Thistle King experienced rarely, if much at all. The mixture of pleasure and amusement was as appealing to him as the mare, and his generosity swelled. "Of course you did not, faithful Arbiter. That does not mean that you do not deserve one, however," With a few long steps he trotted the grey back to the Arbiter, passing the man the halter, and reaching for his own precious parcel.

A thoughtful hum echoed huskily in the back of his throat as the monarch observed his follower, those sharp venomous eyes making quick darting movements across the man's bear-like face. "I discipline, true, but let it be known that your King can also be a generous man," Came the succulent growl, a hand rising to lift on the bulky mass of Larkspur's right shoulder. "Would you have another slave? Perhaps, a weapon? Leniency - Is there something you would have me turn a blind eye to? A sin you would have me forgive? Loose your tongue, Larkspur, for there must be something you desire, however simple." Options poured from his maw like wine from a well-opened casket.

<style>
.siritxt {font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; line-height:20px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px; padding:0px 0px 5px 0px; margin:5px auto; width:500px; }
.siritxt .inner {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/8Hs2Q.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:122px 0px 0px 0px;}
.siritxt .ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:tahoma, verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:justify; margin:5px auto; width:100%;}
.siritxt .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; font-style:normal;}
.siritxt p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.siritxt b {letter-spacing:1px; }
.siritxt u {text-decoration: none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; font-style:italic; font-variantConfusedmall-caps;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread