Glass Cats On The Wall
[html]

I'm just going to accept you OOCly for now, since I hate holding up a joining thread and Talitha doesn't turn people away -- she just remembers to talk about them with Ezekiel. Welcome to Inferni. Again.

So the lone creatures were talking -- whether these words were good or the words of fear was beyond the mind of the de le Poer princess, for she so rarely left the borders of her kingdom in these latest days. It had brought the foreigner to their skull-lined home. She wondered who else it would bring in the coming days, and who else would leave because of it. A cream-mitted hand rose to rub at weary crimson eyes, filled with faint traces of frustration as she wondered just what to do with this stranger she was no longer interested in talking to. His answer came to her question of skills, and it was (as she had expected) laughable -- he professed capabilities that she saw in any man found within Inferni, most notably her handsome golden Aquila.

"That wasn't what I was asking. Of course you can do those things -- if you couldn't, you wouldn't be here now. I want to know why we should take you. What do you have that we need; that loner didn't skate on the details of us, did he?" Her hands found her hips, more curvacious now with the addition of the baby-weight that had fleshed out her bony body. Talitha wasn't a imposing creature, she didn't exude any sense of strength and her body was small and feminine, with the scantest show of her hybrid body in oversized extremities and wolf-shaped ears, but the Centurion was determined to give her brother only the best and had no problem being cold to strangers who showed interest.

She tossed mahogany tresses back behind her shoulders, narrowing thunderbird eyes while her mind turned over what to do with such loose information. "You aren't from this area, I assume, and so perhaps you don't hear the stories that they tell everyone else -- this place isn't for the weak of heart. We aren't coddling, we aren't kind, and I have no use for idiots who can't explain just how useful they will be to us past skills that any creature worth their salt can perform. We have capable fighters. We have capable hunters. What can you offer that astounds me?" She wanted some glimmer of magnificence, some sort of useful and unique skill that wouldn't seem like it was yet another echo of masculine strength and inability. So far, only a few had proven otherwise.

<style type="text/css">
.talithaangel b {font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; }
.talithaangel .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:times new roman, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.talithaangel p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.talithaangel {margin:0px auto; width:90%; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://bloodandfire.sleepyglow.net/publ ... iangel.png); background-position:top left; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 120px 0px 20px 40px; font-family: times new roman, sans-serif; font-size:13px; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread