an attitude i would like to devour
[html]<style type="text/css">
.simple {font-family:arial;font-size:1.1em;}
.simple .ooc {font-size:0.95em;font-style:italic} </style>

Early August works for me. I've got some others later on, so you can set it whatever date pelases you. :} I'm on a fluid timeline so I don't record exact dates anymore. ^^ (WC: > 400)

[/html]Tayui had not thought she would find anyone this far east. She had perfected the art of avoiding responsibility, and since this required her to always look busy but never do anything, finding quiet places to hide herself away was a key skill. As Sirius had interrogated her months ago, what had she to offer to Salsola? Nothing really; she knew she used the pack and gave little in return. There was no heart and there was no will. She simply existed and she was content with this way of life.

Where her emotional reactions were stunted, her physical ones followed. It took her a few seconds to realize that Eris was nearby marking Salsola’s territory. She smelled the scent of a large cat and immediately felt her fur stand on end. There was an intruder. Tayui stalked closer to the cat, wondering if it meant to harm Eris. She followed it as it moved through the grasses, stalking its prey and eventually felling it. The sounds of the animal eating was noisy and wet. It did not disgust Tayui as this animal only did what she, too, did for food. But nonetheless, it was disconcerting knowing that this creature was on their lands eating prey here. Tayui did not think of it as ‘their’ prey, but they prey was on their land and that was a distinction she thought was worth making.

As she came closer, she realized that this cat was in fact Eris’ pet. Again, her reaction times were delayed and it took her a few minutes to realize this. In contrast to this, she was quick to realize that this cat was just another slave like all the others.

But now that she’d followed the cat so closely, she was right in Eris’ line of sight. She didn’t want to appear rude, but she also wasn’t expecting conversation. Nonetheless, if she wanted to continue as she was, skirting around in the margins in this pack, it was in her best interest not to do anything stupid. She’d already done that once and she couldn’t afford any more mistakes.

“Eris,” she greeted the other. She trotted closer, lowered her head respectfully, and folded her ears back. Tail held low, she approached the woman with the intention of greeting her formally with a lick under her muzzle. Even if she was a monster -- and a poor and flawed one at that -- she was one of absolute politeness.[html]
[/html]

Messages In This Thread