an attitude i would like to devour
[html]

(313)
I SUUUUUUUUUCK

The sable hybrid considered the pale wolf's question carefully. She enjoyed leadership, and perhaps took advantage of it -- it would not do to admit that to many canines, if anyone. She licked her muzzle in contemplation, chartreuse eyes looking past Tayui and over the riverbank, through the river itself and into and through the earth. She might as well have closed her eyes. The moment passed quickly enough, and she gathered her thoughts, which had whirled in twenty directions and back again in that contemplative moment. It had not been long -- thirty seconds or so, but it had been long enough for The Auxiliary to know how to answer, or so she thought.

I enjoy the gifts members bring, and I share them with my children. Ataxia had watched Eris in the little mirror especially closely, and Eris liked to hold it so the girl might gaze at herself. Artemisia seemed far less fond of this prospect, preferring to roll herself in dirt, and Eris did not know what Harrow liked. That one did not seem to enjoy much of anything. She shrugged, smiling. It's better to be loved. The gifts are meaningless without the love of the family. This was a truth, and one Eris considered gravely.

I would hope Salsola loves me as much as my children do, but they are different sorts of love, I think. They were incomparable, but this did not bother Eris -- she would accept either love, expected both. Itzcitla meandered toward her, entirely unmindful of Tayui. He weaved between her forelegs, and she gazed downward and smiled. His love, too, is different, but they're all valuable. She lifted a foreleg and rubbed it against Itzcitla's cheek awkwardly, knowing he wanted her Optime hands and their dexterous scratches instead. This would have to do -- she would not shift for the ocelot's enjoyment.

<style>
#sieSimple {
font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;
font-size:13px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px; }
#sieSimple p {
text-indent:50px; padding:0; margin:10px 0; }
#sieSimple .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif;
text-transform:none;
font-style:italic;
font-weight:normal; }
#sieSimple .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;}
#sieSimple b { letter-spacing:.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#sieSimple u { text-decoration: none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; }
#sieSimple b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#sieSimple b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#sieSimple b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
#sieSimple hr { width:85%; margin: 10px auto; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread