an attitude i would like to devour
[html]
[/html] Finally, Tayui laughed. She chuckled quietly and shook her head.

"My dear girl," she began, but paused abruptly when she realized how condescending that would sound. Well, what was said was said and she couldn't unsay it now, could she? She frowned and then tried again: "I mean, it's safe to say that I've lived a few more years than you. There's no one out there making me do anything. Fate is just something cruel folks use to justify their actions. If they feel guilt or remorse, they think, 'it was fate and I was powerless.'" She glanced away and then looked back at Eris. "You are not weak Eris. You don't need to pretend there's something greater out there making you do anything. Every choice you make was yours to make. Taking that slave's tongue was not fate: it was a decision."

With that said, she cast the woman a wary glance, uncertain if whether her philosophical disagreement would harbour any dire consequences. She didn't think it was safe to express any of her opinions here, especially being so opinionated. But she wanted to know what exactly Eris thought was fate and what she was trying to justify. [html]
[/html]

Messages In This Thread