I gaze upon my victory
[html]

She did not comment, and he followed up, as if to explain his intent. "You are no use to me dead, precious." And how precious she were, in so many ways. He felt a surge of power in him as he looked at her. Perhaps it was the ropes she was tied with or the fact that he held all the opportunities in the world and she held none, but he enjoyed it nonetheless. He did not stop to think on why he enjoyed it. All he knew is he was utterly responsible for this one's continued survival - or death. "I will send someone to look at you." The Itawamba, the Amara insect. He was skilled in these sorts of things. Perhaps, if it impressed the councilman, he might be allowed to shift onto two legs for once.

The thought left him quickly as he observed her and listened to her defiance. Such fierceness in her. Was she dumb, naïve or both? Maska had her - why should he not get the Utinas? "Are you blind? Did you not see my warriors?" Nayati was many things, or so he had heard, but he was not a warrior. Not like these. Crimson Dreams did not stand a chance. "I ask them to fetch me something, and I will have it." It was quite easy to see that fact, unless you were blinded by stupidity.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread