desperate measures
[html]

Muscles tensed as she perched on the edge of the overhang, tawny fur teased by bouts of cool summer wind. Here on the mountain, the air was more brittle and cold, but she had long learned to ignore the feeling. She came from a short distance north of ’Souls, in fact—not to the point where everything was polar ice caps or tundra, but where she was used to the weather anyway. Besides, loners didn’t complain. She had chosen her life, had suffered through colder weathers, and had come out unharmed—at least by the weather.

Blue eyes were feral and large ears twitched as she skulked around the side of the ledge, her mind set on the small cluster of mountain goats milling below. She trotted stealthily down a slope, hidden in the shadow of the mountain, too tiny a shape to be concerned with. Luck was on her side, and with her coat more or less blending in with the paler parts of the rock and dead shrubbery, she managed to come close to the herd.

As expected, they sensed her and scattered, but Vesper leaped and grabbed the leg of the nearest animal. It was a young one, but that didn’t blunt the stabbing of its sharp dewclaw as its other leg went back to hit her. As the area below her chin was struck, the coywolf released her catch, but the kick had compromised the kid’s balance. It fell, but another goat caught it with its body, and soon the loner found herself facing a row of horns and hard black eyes.

Vesper scowled. There was nothing that she could do; she was small, and these animals were in their element. But it had been a long while since she’d eaten—she was desperate.

With a snarl, the tawny female rushed at them again, skidding short and watching them break apart—some running, some reforming. She drove at them again and again, growling, waiting for one to slip up—while completely aware the first one to trip could be her.

This is a really terrible starting post; I'm sorry if it doesn't give you much to go off of. xD Basically she's being crazy and running around some mountain goats? Also, would you mind if I back-dated it a couple of days? :3 Whichever would work better for you. I'm planning on having two other threads set on the same day in the same place, so this would make more sense for the date to be moved.

<style type="text/css">
.vespergokey b {font-weight:bold; color:#161311;}
.vespergokey i {font-weight:italic; color:#161311;}
.vespergokey ooc {padding:0px; font-size:10px; font-family:verdana;}
.vespergokey p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; font-size:12px;}
.vespergokey {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#d6cca7; background-image:url(http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/3370/longvesper.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 510px 0px 24px 0px; font-family:cambria; font-size:13px; color:#3B322C; line-height:20px; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread