kick the leaves up and the magic is lost
[html]

“Hello,” the black wolf mumbled, her paws shifting in the soil.

Vesper frowned immediately and took a step back. She was used to the etiquette of loners, who often avoided each other to avoid competition. However, this wolf smelled like it belonged to a pack—or at least had been in pack territory recently. She also did not seem like she wanted to simply walk away; she was more on edge than that. She practically smelled of it, an edginess bordering on aggression that made the coywolf herself bristle. She kept her body language neutral, her tawny tail languidly dropping against her hind legs and her ears at an indifferent angle. She did not want to give the stranger any signs that she was aggressive.

The frown continued to play across her lips until the blue-eyed, dark canine spoke again. Her voice was rough—maybe from disuse, maybe from some emotion, Ves couldn’t tell. “Who are you?”

Noting the upward flourish of the other’s black tail, Vesper lowered her ears once more and answered in a calm tone. “My name is Vesper. I’m a loner. No one special.” She smirked briefly, but it was more to make up for the awkwardness of the situation than at a joke. “What about you? What’s your name, and why are you looking at me like that?” Maybe she was only imagining the other’s look, but the situation was definitely unnerving anyway. She scuffed a paw in the leaves.

Haha, Vesper is a girl. x3 You kept saying "he."

<style type="text/css">
.vespergokey b {font-weight:bold; color:#161311;}
.vespergokey i {font-weight:italic; color:#161311;}
.vespergokey ooc {padding:0px; font-size:10px; font-family:verdana;}
.vespergokey p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; font-size:12px;}
.vespergokey {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#d6cca7; background-image:url(http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/3370/longvesper.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 510px 0px 24px 0px; font-family:cambria; font-size:13px; color:#3B322C; line-height:20px; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread