Face your fears
[html]

The young luperci was startled by her sudden approach, but soon the tenseness relaxed and she replied, agreeing. Her blue eyes fell down to the reflective surface of the water then, and Vesper took a seat near the edge of the pool as well, though she was a bit more stiff than normal. Unless the girl were to shove her, however, she was safe.

“I’m Eclipse,” the light brown child introduced herself, adding that she was from up north.

“My name is Vesper,” the coywolf replied, her tone relatively light-hearted but not enthusiastically friendly. She had never been the type to giggle and coo at cubs; she lacked maternal instincts or something. It was immensely unlikely that she would ever have children, anyway. She didn’t dislike them, but the thought of getting pregnant and raising pups was like trying to imagine a new color—impossible.

“What is Ichika no Ho-en?” Vesper asked, the words formed hesitantly as she tried to get the sounds right. She’d probably butchered the pronunciation, but that didn’t matter. It sounded foreign, and she wasn’t sure if it was a territory or—a pack. Sniffing, she decided that it was most likely the latter; the girl did not smell like a loner, even though Vesper might have believed that she was otherwise. After all, she had become independent at a pretty young age herself.

<style type="text/css">
.vesperlli b {font-weight:bold; color:#395c6f;}
.vesperlli i {font-weight:italic; color:#395c6f;}
.vesperlli ooc {padding:5px; font-size:10px; font-family:verdana; text-align:right;}
.vesperlli p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 20px; margin:0px; font-size:12px;}
.vesperlli {margin:0px auto; width:475px; background-color:#bbc9e1; background-image:url(http://i55.tinypic.com/2j5e2b8.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px dashed #395c6f; padding: 24px 0px 450px 0px; font-family:georgia; font-size:10px; color:#627b89; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread