Face your fears
[html]

Eclipse explained that Ichika no Ho-en was a pack that lay north of the mountains. The loner was a little surprised to discover that there was a settlement there, but she supposed she might have missed that part of the mountains when she crossed into ’Souls. After all, a territory couldn’t stretch across the entire range, could it? If she ever left the peninsula, she’d have to pay the place a visit on her way out, see what it was about…though it seemed less likely that she would be leaving ’Souls right away, not while she was beginning to get used to how the prey ran and the territory boundaries lay. She could cultivate quite a nice life here, if she tried.

Vesper decided that badgering the youth with questions about her pack would be taxing, and the brown-furred girl did not seem entirely talkative—at least compared to some pups—so she held her tongue and figured she would learn about it later. She was almost obsessive about learning the lay of the land so that she could thrive here.

“I’m a loner,” the coywolf replied, watching the arm stretch into the water again. “I was born a few miles north of ’Souls. I stayed with a pack briefly, but—well, they could hardly be called a pack for being so small and full of kids. Honestly, I’m probably better off alone.”

The words might sound pessimistic coming from other lips, but the woman prided herself on her independence. The stint with the coyote band had shown her that. Other wolves tended to either slow her down or actively work against her, though she allowed that there might be a pack out there that shared the same values as her. She’d just have to see if it was worth her while.

<style type="text/css">
.vesperlli b {font-weight:bold; color:#395c6f;}
.vesperlli i {font-weight:italic; color:#395c6f;}
.vesperlli ooc {padding:5px; font-size:10px; font-family:verdana; text-align:right;}
.vesperlli p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 20px; margin:0px; font-size:12px;}
.vesperlli {margin:0px auto; width:475px; background-color:#bbc9e1; background-image:url(http://i55.tinypic.com/2j5e2b8.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px dashed #395c6f; padding: 24px 0px 450px 0px; font-family:georgia; font-size:10px; color:#627b89; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread