Face your fears
[html]

Eclipse surprised the loner by speaking wisely, explaining how teamwork benefited canines when it came to tasks such as hunting. She sounded like someone who actually had been out in the world to experience such things, though it could also be the preaching of a pack wolf. However, Vesper was not insulted by the statement; she’d survived this long, after all, to know her lone way of life was just as valid as a pack life.

“I understand what you mean,” the hybrid said first, acknowledging that the girl was right. “I can’t catch very large prey on my own, of course, but I’m small anyway so I can rely on animals like rabbits or fawns.” She shrugged slightly. “Some canines are just more suited to packs, and while having others around can help you, I’m not that used to it. And there are rules.” She flashed her teeth in a slight smirk. “When you’re on your own, you can do whatever you want and look out for yourself before anyone else—though many loners have friends they’ll look out for, and the smart ones don’t do bad things just because there aren’t leaders and laws.” Such loners, who harassed packs and sometimes hurt their members, were just suicidal.

Vesper cocked her head when Eclipse asked her how she passed her time, contemplating that for a moment. “Well, I’ll chat with wolves like you,” she answered with a smirk, but then she went on more seriously. “There isn’t a lot of free time when you have to survive on your own, but I do like to simply relax and look at all the beautiful sights in the world. I also explore a lot, and I’m trying to learn how to read the stars.” Her eyes drifted heavenward, and she acknowledged it would be a lot easier to map out the sky if she had hands—but she wouldn’t bring up this point around the girl. “I guess I’m not quite always alone, either… Like I said, I don’t really have a pack, but I do talk to others. I’m simply not that lonely if I don’t have anyone around.”

Her existence sounded rather depressing when she put it that way, but she’d always had a faint hope that she would find someone worth sticking with, whether that be a traveling partner, a mate, or even possibly a pack wolf she might get attached to. She had wandered across many other loners, and some had families in packs that they visited but didn’t stay with.

Until she found someone or someplace worth standing by, however, Vesper was fine with wandering.

<style type="text/css">
.vesperlli b {font-weight:bold; color:#395c6f;}
.vesperlli i {font-weight:italic; color:#395c6f;}
.vesperlli ooc {padding:5px; font-size:10px; font-family:verdana; text-align:right;}
.vesperlli p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 20px; margin:0px; font-size:12px;}
.vesperlli {margin:0px auto; width:475px; background-color:#bbc9e1; background-image:url(http://i55.tinypic.com/2j5e2b8.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px dashed #395c6f; padding: 24px 0px 450px 0px; font-family:georgia; font-size:10px; color:#627b89; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread