brick by brick
[html]

| +319

Temo worked diligently through the few hours he was there so far. He carefully picked his way around on the roof and checked all the boards for rot. He carefully pried up the roofing shingles as he went and stacked them out of the way on the good portion of the roof. He separated them by how much of them was rotten and the fully rotten pieces he chucked onto the pile of bad wood that was slowly growing larger with everyone busy sorting out the good from the bad.

He was so engrossed with the work he was doing that it was several hours before he realized that the sawdust he created when he cut off the rotten bits of wood was slowly drifting down on the air currents and the others were down there busy with their tasks, getting sawdust in their fur along with the dust that was being stirred up.

He stopped working for a few minutes and sat on the roof looking around. He could see a creek in the distance and realized how dry his throat was. "I'm going to get me some water," he called down to the others and then clambered back down to the ground and grabbed a water skin from his tool bag.

It was a short trip to the creek where he took a long drink and filled the water skin. It was a nice walk to the creek and back to the barn and his muscles were rested up and he felt renewed once again and ready to tackle the barn. With his full water skin sitting in his tool bag, Temo went back to work and started going through the pile of good lumber and worked at sorting out pieces for the shingle nailing strips. "Do we have someplace to scavenge more lumber if there is not enough here?" he asked Saul.

<style type="text/css">
.Lovi-sdb b {font-weight:bold; color:#1155aa; letter-spacing:1px; }
.Lovi-sdb .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.Lovi-sdb p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.Lovi-sdb {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#c6d5e5; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/iInBB.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #666666; padding: 10px 0px 295px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#556688; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread