as the pendulum swings
[html]
I hope everything works out. D: Also, I made you a present. x3

Toby took a moment to think of a response to her question, but finally he informed her that someone new was leading Aniwaya. Though the name meant nothing to her, she nodded and filtered that information away for later. A pack under corrupt leadership was prone to be dangerous. Her thoughts returned to Oliver, and she wondered if there would be someone in Aniwaya to tear out this new dictator’s throat. A small, dark smirk played on her lips until he sighed, drawing her back to the present and asking a question of his own.

“I’m a wanderer, too,” Vesper said. “All of us have our favorite spots—though, as long as there’s food nearby, I’ll give any territory a try.” She hadn’t found any particular denning site that she enjoyed, though she found herself returning to the Dampwoods and other forests. They were sheltered, not quite as familiar as the plains where she’d grown up, but she didn’t like sleeping out in the open. “It’s hard for loners to stay in one place, anyway,” she added.

She cocked her head at his second question then looked back at the water. “I’m not planning on it, no. I’ve always functioned best by myself.” Her blue eyes became a little icy before she glanced back at him and offered a tiny smirk. “Some might say I have high standards for packs… Sometimes they’re nothing more than a bunch of dependent wimps looking for an easy way to get food. Any pack I join would have to be full of my equals.” She was displaying a hint of her arrogance, but she was beyond feeling self-conscious about that. In her mind, she was better than a lot of the canines she’d come across. Hopefully, Nova Scotia would leave her pleasantly surprised.

“What about you?” Vesper asked after a moment, realizing that she was hogging the conversation. She might have been vain, but she wasn’t completely self-absorbed.

<style type="text/css">
.vesper-oo8 b {font-weight:bold; color:#2d3b4e; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #070d15; }
.vesper-oo8 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.vesper-oo8 {margin:0 auto; width:440px; background-color:#1f252d; background-image:url(http://i54.tinypic.com/11qodfk.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 280px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#444c57; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread