as the pendulum swings
[html]
It's okay. xD Mine isn't much better; I was stumped. Poke me if you want me to add something to make it easier to reply to!

Toby elusively answered her question, explaining he needed to conquer some “dilemmas” before he could be around others. The wording made her ears prick, and she wondered what he meant. Why couldn’t he be around other canines? She glanced off to the side, faking interest in the lake, to better hide her emotions as she thought. Did he have trust issues or another person in his life who worked against him joining a pack? The thought that he felt himself dangerous crossed her mind for only a brief instance—because no one dangerous would admit it to a stranger. One was always in control of how dangerous they were, she believed. She could be dangerous, but she was no mass murderer. Surely, his scars and tattoos were for show, a false impression of the reasonably kind male she’d been in conversation with.

Vesper could find nothing to say that wouldn’t be a question; she had the feeling he wouldn’t want to answer directly. She only offered him a brief glance then smirked when he mentioned ghosts in the closet.

“Everyone has ghosts,” the coywolf said coolly.

The image of her sister flashed behind her eyes just then, and she could feel an ache in the scar across her hips when her father flung her down. She saw Sparrow walking away with Marcel, like a little slave, passing by their mother’s torn body without a second glance. She’d walked as if her own free will, but she hadn’t been free, and Vesper had known that—and she hadn’t gotten up.

“Everyone has ghosts,” she repeated a little more softly.

<style type="text/css">
.vesper-oo8 b {font-weight:bold; color:#2d3b4e; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #070d15; }
.vesper-oo8 i {font-style:italic; color:#2d3b4e; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #070d15; }
.vesper-oo8 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.vesper-oo8 {margin:0 auto; width:440px; background-color:#1f252d; background-image:url(http://i54.tinypic.com/11qodfk.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 280px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#444c57; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread