self-appointed King of all Things
[html]

300+
I know you like faster posters, but I have to apologize. I'm usually better; college :C

There was no reason for him to be going out of his way to the city for materials; there was plenty to be had in his own personal storerooms and plenty more fabric in his studio to be used. What drew him to the city that day was more supplies, decorations, the like. It had been a quiet march without Noss to distract him. But Strel had always gone to the city on his own, without the man. It was no different now that they happened to be linked more or less permanently in title and emotion. This was the time that the tailor took away from his duties in the pack, even though they were now numerous and had high importance. He needed the time to himself and it was vital that he escape the duty he had accepted.

Strel managed to wake before sunup so that he could make his way to the city in the quiet. Birds had come out by the time he reached the echoing dead streets of the lost human civilization. His nails clicked on the cement, chipped, worn and cracked from nature's raw power. Weeds blossomed between huge rifts between one slap of cement and another, small little bushes forming and dandelions bright yellow. The foliage was blatantly ignored as the redheaded illiterate man walked his way toward anywhere. Anywhere with a fabric store, at least. It was quiet, though he could hear the echoes of others. Of course, the city was not completely deserted anymore. Oh well, thought the man.

What he had not expected was someone to be hovering near the last store he had visited. The stranger seemed vaguely familiar, but Strel was already barreling towards halfway to his fifth birthday. Age was creeping up on him, but his vitality and virility was still strong. The man was near the shop, and Strel could not help but pause as he approached the building. He seemed a little too familiar for it to be coincidence. Few others wore clothes as gaudy as he liked, even though his today were plainer; white shirt and modified jeans. But this man was just garish. Even that seemed familiar.

<style>
.strel-txt {font-family: garamond, georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; word-spacing:1px; margin:0px 25px auto; padding:0px 0px 0px 0px; margin:5px auto; width:500px; text-align:justify;}
.strel-txt .inner {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/GEuNG.png); background-position:center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border: 0px solid #000; padding 0px 0px 10px 0px; }
.strel-txt .ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto; width:500px;}
.strel-txt p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding: 0px 5px 0px 0px;}
.strel-txt b {letter-spacing:1px; letter-spacing:-.05em;text-shadow:#fff 0px 0px 1px;font-family:verdana, garamond, serif; font-size:12px;}
.strel-txt .line {width:150px; border-bottom:1px dashed #000; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread