Frost on the battlefield <AW>
[html]

Anyone's welcome. :3 Gorey table cause I haven't used it in a long time and it kind of fits the drama plot. I'm getting bored with Sky's romance problems so with her finally being with Tal, I figured I'd put her through a little more drama. Don't be afraid to make this into something fight-tastic. Big Grin

She didn't know of the troubles in AniWaya. Sky had gone there twice before for supplies and both times she'd been greeted warmly and without much complication. She'd left both times with the supplies she'd come for and a little less herbs than she'd arrived with. Good trades. Good business. Good relations.

She was running low on cat-mint again and the only bushels she'd found of it were dried, picked clean or dead beyond repair. She knew of a large patch just inside AniWaya territory so without knowing the danger, she'd packed her bags, kissed Tal goodbye (she didn't mention where she was getting the cat-mint, simply that she was getting some and it might take her a full day to return) and headed off for their troubled neighbors. By that time, it was still very early in the morning.

She arrived in good time (sometime in the late afternoon), thanks to good weather and an easily kept pace. As she came up to the borders, a gentle sigh of wind crossed her path and she hummed thoughtfully at the cool feeling it gave her. It felt nice on her tired legs, admittedly worn from the trek over. Even as the wind picked up, she could do no more than enjoy it...

Except... maybe it wasn't as much cool as it was... cold. Unwelcoming. Surely this wasn't AniWaya, the friendly pack of spiritual animal lovers, giving off this sick feeling! Couldn't be. This place is as safe as any. Ralla would never let it come to that.

She smiled and shook off the unwanted feeling of dread. Adjusting her bag of goods (various cooked meats and some trinkets she'd found) the girl stopped only to sniff the air before stepping up to the border and howling that sing-song howl. Hopefully someone would greet her soon. The longer she spent away from D'Arte, the more she felt the need to go home and cuddle up to her new mate or clean the house... again. Still, she did need the cat-mint...

[/html]

Messages In This Thread