Here comes the storm.
[html]

Sky grinned stupidly again as Dixie complimented her riding. She was glad to have the approval. She watched quietly as the southern girl tied the two horses together and sent them off, talking about going to sleep. It sounded like a good idea... unfortunately, it wasn't in Sky's agenda. Or rather, it wasn't in that dark voice's agenda... and despite letting Sky have her fun, he had other plans, plans that could now happen before arriving in AniWaya thanks to the gift the two strangers had presented the young medic.

Good night, miss Dixie. Good night, mister Wayne. Sky murmured, sitting down by the fire as it slowly faded into a burning ember. She'd wait.

As much as Sky hated having to work the poor, tired mare, she knew that the sooner she left, the sooner her plan could be put into motion. Crimson Dreams needed the relief and she couldn't take any breaks. With no poisonous snakes around, the girl would have to find some other way of poisoning Maska, some undetectable thing.

So she waited until the two were fast asleep. The moment the fire died and the pair were off in dream land, Sky got up silently and moved over towards the two horses. Queen was already nodding off as Sky approached. I'm sorry about this, Queen. She whispered to the mare as she untied her from Duke. A very soft snort was her answer and the hybrid could sense confusion and weariness from the mare. Come on. I don't want these two in any danger because of me. We're in this together now, okay? That seemed to clear the confusion a bit, though it lingered.

Sky mounted the mare and with a soft click, the two were off into the night, leaving the friendly pair of horse wranglers behind to sleep. Once they were out of earshot, Sky nudged Queen into a tired but even run, making as much distance between them as possible.

I'll remember your kindness, Dixie. I owe you for this. I'll let Queen rest again once we're away from the shoreline. I can't let you figure out what I'm up to. You already know too much. Sky thought to herself as she rode along. We'll repay them someday, Sky. The dark voice reassured. But we have more important matters to attend to first.

...Yes, Sanja. Sky murmured. I know.

• § : : OOC : : § •
Not only does the dark voice in Sky's head finally have a name, but now Sanja and Sky are getting along!? This can't bode well. Sky makes a quick escape into the night with this exit post. She and I love Queen. Big Grin Thank you so much.

<style>
.whitelies1 .padded {width:475px;}
.whitelies1 .ooc {text-align:center; text-indent:10px; font-style:italic; font-size:11px; padding:50px 110px 0px 10px;}
.whitelies1 p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.whitelies1 b {color:#9BB9CF; letter-spacing:0px; font-familyConfusederif; font-size:14px; }
.whitelies1 {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/IJagu.png); background-position:bottom right; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #BFBDAE; outline:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#DBD9CA; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:475px; text-align:justify; padding:0px 0px 110px 0px; margin:0px auto; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread