i'd settle for less
[html]

I actually thought it'd be longer than a couple of days since they last saw each other. xD I didn't think that Ves would stick around that part of the forest after getting on Evane's nerves. Just let me know if you want it to be the day after, and I can change the date in my log. :3

For once, the coywolf was able to finish a meal in peace. She licked the last scraps of meat from her lips and nudged at the open ribs of the mole, knowing that crows and ravens would be able to finish off the last few morsels clinging to the bones. She let out a sigh and sank down onto her pale belly for a moment, closing her eyes and resting her muzzle on her forelegs. It was a nice day despite its coolness, if not for a slight itch that announced her winter coat preparing to come in. She’d deal with the undignified business of shedding when it came, however, and for now she slept.

Vesper did not nap for long; she rarely did, instead choosing to take advantage of short snatches of sleep throughout the night and day. She’d settle down for a longer stretch of dreaming when she had the time and the security, but on the outskirts of the woods, her body wouldn’t risk being exposed for long. It was too early to think of finding a den, anyway. She glanced at the sky to make sure it hadn’t darkened much then got to her feet and padded into the woods again.

It was only a few minutes before a vaguely familiar scent reached her nostrils. She stood and sniffed, large ears falling back as she realized who it belonged to: Evane das Sassafras or something. Evane, the black she-wolf with the bright blue eyes and the bejeweled ears.

She stretched for a moment, yawning as her forequarters dipped, and wondered if she wanted to make the effort of avoiding Evane. You can just walk away now, she told herself, but suddenly that didn’t sound like much fun.

Cautiously, the small hybrid started off in the direction of the scent. Wolf soon mingled with rabbit, and she could see the dark form pouncing at the tiny one as Evane attempted to hunt. Vesper remained silent for the next few moments, making sure that she didn’t scare the rabbit off before Evane had a chance to catch it, and after that she cleared her throat, leaning her shoulder against the nearest tree.

<style type="text/css">
.angryvesp b {font-weight:bold; color:#695b7f; letter-spacing:1px;}
.angryvesp t {font-style:italic; color:#695b7f; letter-spacing:1px;}
.angryvesp .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:5px 10px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.angryvesp p {padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.angryvesp {margin:0px auto; width:475px; background-color:#2c597f; background-image:url(http://i52.tinypic.com/1zme93o.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 400px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#f1ffff; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread