i'd settle for less
[html]

Every time Vesper implemented something in her expression and voice, Evane seemed to copy it. While it was a minor possibility that it was simply how she was, it was far more likely that the coywolf was being mocked. Rather than feel insulted, however, she took the imitation as flattery—flattery that she could pull off the attitude much better. She had, after all, carried her ego since she was a yearling, thrust away from her mother at a young age from her father.

Blue eyes glanced only briefly at the offered rabbit. “Just ate,” she said, drawing her tongue across her slightly bloodstained mouth to make her point.

Evane went on to ask her why she was around, adding that she seemed like the type to wander. That was true, and the coywolf inclined her head before listening to the rest of her words. She responded to the dark wolf sitting down with a small, contemptuous twitch of her lips. Both should know that she could leap forward in that moment, catching the dark woman unawares; but Ves didn’t want to waste the energy quite yet. Were the carelessness continue, she would have taken it as an insult to her capabilities, but they weren’t at that point yet.

“I believe I addressed the fact that it’s hard for a loner to claim one place.” Vesper actually didn’t sound mocking and scornful for once, merely conveying words. “You’re right; I like to keep moving. Follow where the prey is, see some new sights, get some new information.” She returned her shoulder to the bark of the narrow tree beside her, though contrary to how it looked, she didn’t fully change her late. Balance was a critical concept to her.

“I was tempted to stay because of those pretty blue eyes of yours,” she teased, “but the truth is that I’ve not felt like traveling lately. I covered some ground then returned because there seemed to be food here, not a lot of new canine scents covering the place.”

Her reasoning was logical enough, and Evane actually didn’t play a large part in it. Vesper simply wasn’t going to waste energy trying to avoid her—and the thought of meeting her was tempting to her curiosity, something she wouldn’t try to fight against even if she didn’t actively follow the black wolf.

She smirked and shrugged. “But yes, I’m glad to know I haven’t made you angry.”

<style type="text/css">
.angryvesp b {font-weight:bold; color:#9a658d; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#1b364d 1px 1px 1px;}
.angryvesp t {font-style:italic; color:#9a658d; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#1b364d 1px 1px 1px;}
.angryvesp .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.angryvesp p {padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.angryvesp {margin:0px auto; width:475px; background-color:#2c597f; background-image:url(http://i52.tinypic.com/1zme93o.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 400px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#c2cdcd; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread