i'd settle for less
[html]

It's okay! I didn't mind the wait. <3 Also, I wrote this during my biology lecture, so sorry if it sucks. xD

The black wolf was silent as the pair of females walked deeper into the dark forest. Little sunlight was strong enough to pass both through the barrier of clouds and the thickly meshed leaves, and so it was cool and gloomy here. Pupils dilated in pale blue eyes as Vesper sought out the dark shape of the canine in front of her, careful not to let her slip away. It seemed obvious that Evane knew this part of the forest better than she did; there were probably several hiding places that she could make a break for if she chose to change the game up again. Still, Vesper was used to roaming, and while she didn’t have the home advantage here, she thought she was flexible enough to adapt in case this situation turned ugly.

In the silence of the forest, their muffled footfalls and the jingle of earrings was the only sound to be heard. The dark ear flicking at her teasing words made the coywolf smirk—in this case a real sly, self-satisfied smirk, not the parody of a smile her face automatically transformed into something less warm. Did the pet name make her uncomfortable?

A shame, really. She’s kind of pretty.

A dark mouth of a cavern yawned ahead of them. She sniffed the air quickly to make sure there were no other scents that might indicate an ambush, and then two pairs of blue eyes met as Evane turned toward her, silent after unnecessarily stating that they had arrived.

“Now what?” Vesper asked simply, two words in exchange for two words. She lifted her chin slightly, challenging the dark wolf to go onward. She’d stated already that she was not interested in a home—especially not cohabitation with a shifty woman she barely knew.

<style type="text/css"> .angryvesp b {font-weight:bold; color:#9a658d; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#1b364d 1px 1px 1px;} .angryvesp t {font-style:italic; color:#9a658d; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#1b364d 1px 1px 1px;} .angryvesp .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;} .angryvesp p {padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;} .angryvesp {margin:0px auto; width:475px; background-color:#2c597f; background-image:url(http://i52.tinypic.com/1zme93o.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 400px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#c2cdcd; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} </style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread