i'd settle for less
[html]
Please tell me if something in this post is unclear! She's only attacking in the last paragraph. I'll PM you to see where we want the fight to go!

Evane asked how Vesper could assume anything about her if she didn’t know her, and with a small shrug and frown, she answered softly, “Faith in others?” Her words were hardly audible, however, and she made no effort for them to be heard. Honestly, that was hypocritical to say because she always assumed others were idiotic and had bad motivations, but she didn’t think the world was evil. However, she hadn’t expected the she-wolf to be bigoted like she was simply because she’d had little experience with racism. Maybe a wolf curled their lip at her because she smelled coyote, but she hadn’t actually had a conversation or fight with one.

Evane explained that she hated the hybrids in general for what they’d done, and the coywolf scoffed. She was basically admitting that her hatred had no ground. “You made wrong assumptions and should get over it, then. I’m not asking you to like me or ever want to see me again, but wanting to kill me for something that happened in the past?” Her voice was no longer venomous, simply logical and steady in the tide of hatred flashing between the two females.

The black wolf said she didn’t mean to be rude, which brought the scorn and growling back into Vesper’s demeanor, but there was really nothing she could say about reminding her of an old enemy. That was slightly more understandable than hatred of an entire breed, and she could see herself getting on edge if she met a wolf who reminded her of Marcel or a coyote that reminded her of Oliver. The respective scars seemed to burn as she thought of those fights—all in her head, of course, more of an acknowledgment than a symptom—and she shifted her weight.

After an apology, the black wolf’s sky-blue eyes flicked sharply into the hybrid’s narrowed ones. “Perhaps the fight I promised you will make it up,” she said, tail dancing behind her.

Vesper frowned silently for a moment, considering this. She was sure that they could talk this out and she could be on her way, but that last flash of white at the end of her tail made her focus sharpen. She knew that this fight, if she chose to accept the challenge, would not be to the death. She wanted to prove her match against this dark wolf, get a message across that they shouldn’t mess with each other, then walk off and lick her wounds in silence. She’d skirt around this section of the forest until her memory faded, and she could pretend Evane never existed.

Her eyes remained level with the dark wolf’s, but her attention drifted downward to the dark legs. They were the thinnest bones in reach, and a crushed paw would definitely be a lasting token from a fight. Strong jaws hovered over those legs, however, jaws that could come down and bite in retaliation.

Vesper made up her mind.

There was no posturing, no noise, no preamble to her movement. She charged forward, diving and aiming to deliver a strong bite to a leg or paw. Her ears were pinned fast against her skull, making them hard to tear at, and her hackles rose stiff on her neck.

<style type="text/css"> .angryvesp b {font-weight:bold; color:#9a658d; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#1b364d 1px 1px 1px;} .angryvesp t {font-style:italic; color:#9a658d; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#1b364d 1px 1px 1px;} .angryvesp .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;} .angryvesp p {padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;} .angryvesp {margin:0px auto; width:475px; background-color:#2c597f; background-image:url(http://i52.tinypic.com/1zme93o.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 400px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#c2cdcd; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} </style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread