[aw] what sorcery is this?
[html]

Word count 338:: Zalen calls humans 'humes'. I haven't decided why yet XD

His mind wandered for a bit, staring at this rusted out shell. He wondered what the humes had really been like, what it had been like to live in their world as mindless creatures without souls. How strange that must have been, and how interesting that the world had so quickly changed to make his species the dominant one.

He couldn’t help but look at her, somewhat shocked, as she spoke for her statement mirrored his feelings exactly. Why need horses when you had swift paws to run at nearly the same speed? He knew some kept the equines as companions, but he had seen some use them solely for travel. How lazy and against the nature of their being. Zalen returned his front paws to the ground, “Yes, I agree. We are not humes, we are wolves first. Some seem to be forgetting that fact…”

She went on to talk about the hume’s folly, which he himself contemplated at times. He chuckled softly at her joke and for a moment forgot completely that she had coyote blood in her. He wondered what her name was and watched as she looked deeper into the darkness of the hume city. Halifax; what strange mysteries that place held. It was copacetic to know that nearby the safety of the forest lingered even when one was stepping over twisted metal and debris within the city. Many Luperci had taken up dwelling in the skeletal remains of that place, but Zalen could never be one of them. His den was quaint, small, rustic and perfect.

His ear twitched as the coywolf spoke again he looked at her coolly, “Yes, some are able to craft just as the humes once did, it is impressive. However, some of us prefer a simpler life, one similar to that which our ancestors enjoyed before the fall of man.” He sat down softly on the broken concrete and looked at the city. How strange the juxtaposition between it and the green behind him. “My name is Zalen.”

<style type="text/css"> .z b {font-weight:bold; color:#3b5835; letter-spacing:1px; } .z .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color: #891c04;} .z p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;} .z {margin:0px auto; width:426px; background-color:#6f9001; background-image:url(http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae20 ... zalen1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 435px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} </style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread