[aw] what sorcery is this?
Blind noticed the two canines paying attention to her eyes and she smiled a little in spite of herself. Her mother had always prided herself over her daughter’s eyes, mainly because they resembled nothing of her father and everything of her individual self. She had told Blind how every creature would come from miles around just to see her eyes, but the young wolf always dismissed it as a display of her mother’s strange ego; she didn’t think she was THAT special. In Blind’s opinion, everyone had a unique quality that made them, well, unique.

Watching the two carefully, Blind listened as they told her about their homes, a bit of interest sparking toward the coywolf when she mentioned she had none, just like her. “I am new here, and perhaps a bit lost, yes,” Blind said. “I was also born north of here, but I couldn’t tell you much else beyond that because my mother kept a lot of my past a secret. My situation used to be that I wandered to find a new home, but since my mother’s passing, I’ve come to wander to gain some answers.”

At this point, Blind wondered what the two might be thinking of her. At any hint of discomfort from them, she would leave immediately. The last thing she wanted to do was over-stay her welcome.

Blind lifted her head a little, straightening her back legs in a tiny stretch. The male intimidated her – of this there was no doubt – but of them both she wanted to know more. Why was the female so badly injured? Why did the male tie feathers in his mane? What were they both doing in such a strange place as this, and what were all of these square-shaped dens and metal contraptions? The young wolf sat back on her haunches, thinking to herself. Then another question formed in her mind, one that she thought might be more appropriate to ask:

“I heard a noise earlier, almost like an angry elk,” she said. “Did you hear it too?”

Messages In This Thread