A knife in the dark [AW]
[html]

OOC I hope this is good! ^^’

Leon’s smile was warm and genuine as he listened to her. It was always nice to hear the others did not think that a kind heart was a weakness. But his eyes didn’t miss her shaking legs, or how strained she looked. Nor did he miss the shudder that shook her as she spoke of treachery and evil. His ears drooped as he thought of the possible meanings behind her words. He nodded in understanding, his mind going back to the night his pack fell apart. “If only indeed…” He whispered. A brief silence fell upon them, and the Timber’s eyes closed as he reigned in his emotions and thoughts.

He was considering questioning her past, in order to better understand her views, but she spoke first. Leon nodded, understanding how she felt, and settled himself in a sitting position, cross-legged. “It is a pleasure, Faeli. My name is Leon ven Liudesys, a hunter, and current fighter for Crimson Dreams. I am more than willing to enlighten you on the situation.” He stated, moving his Naginata so that it was lying across his lap. “From what I understand, Aniwaya had undergone a serious change in its leadership structure. The previous chief, Dawali Amara, was disposed by a wolf named Maska Ahote, and his followers who are called Guardians. Though I don’t understand the reason for the change myself, it seems to be religious. Some of the Aniwaya wolves don’t agree with the change, and have tried to argue with Maska about removing Dawali, but they were either beaten or threatened with exile. And so it came about that Nayati Utina, one of their hunters, gathered his family and fled from the pack, fearing the violence of the Guardians being turned upon his wife and children. Anu and Nayati are friends, and had been, from what I understand. So Anu offered sanctuary here, in our lands.” He paused for a moment, taking a breather and giving the girl a chance to question him and take in what he had said.

After a moment Leon nodded and continued. “Apparently, Nayati’s wife Liliana is valuable to Maska. So, he sent his right hand wolf with a group of Guardians here to capture Liliana. Thankfully, one of our younger wolves noticed them approaching on the river and sent out a warning. Our fighters rushed out to repel the Guardians, of course, but even when they were forced back they managed to capture Anu, and a young girl named Fia. We only managed to capture one of theirs, and he didn’t even fight us. So, the next morning, Savina gathered up those Dreamers who were ready for a fight and went to get back our pack mates through a parley. But the meeting turned violent when one of the guardians whipped Fia before us. Savina killed him and we retrieved the girl, but Anu remains in their custody…” Leon’s eyes and ears fell as he remembered missing that chance to rescue Savina’s second. “Now, Cour des Miracles has agreed to help us, though I have seen nothing so far. We have also held back from launching a full assault on Aniwaya.” He stopped there, with nothing more to add, and sat in silence, brooding over what would happen next.

<style>
.leoriver01 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.leoriver01 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.leoriver01 b {color:#000000; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.leoriver01 {background-color:#c0cfb5; background-image:url(http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/5813 ... iver01.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#315035; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:475px; text-align:justify; padding:10px 0px 150px 0px; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread