I'm signing out again and again and again
[html]

Curious of what was going around in her mother's head, Mew cocked her head as she continued to look at her. Their eyes did not meet, Colibri was avoiding it. Something was on her mind, but the younger femme would not challenge it. It would come in due time, it was all part of a process, and it might move slowly or rapidly, but it never happened all at the same time. In time Mew hoped that they would learn to know each other, and that she would trust her daughter like Mew now trusted her. She disagreed though, she did not have every right to hold grudges. She had been given life, which she had spent walking around sulking for the minor problems that she faced. She had been weak, and disrespectful, but she was different now. She also now knew what it felt like to fail someone. She had failed her children, and her incautious actions had caused their death. She would never stop hating herself for that.

Yes, she had failed her. But Mew forgave her, and she needed to tell Colibri that. That's what this was all about. Perhaps Colibri would not forgive herself, but that was another matter. The younger femme had noticed how her mother had been quiet, absent, lately. She had stuck around for a while after the incident, but then her presence had slowly trickled away, around the time of Haku's return. Perhaps the two had a similar problem, and did not wish to confront it, like the two females had. There could be many reasons. Mew did not ask questions now, and she would not do so in the future; what was between them was between them. Her mother was a stranger to her, and she wished she was not. About time to do something about it. That's in the past now. You didn't fail me this time, Hanna told me what you did.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread