I can't do this all myself.
[html]

---

[Image: spacer.jpg]

Colibri knew it so very well. Colibri had everything in her favor. She wondered if she had seen her own incoming failures already from the start. Cercelee had not really wanted to be of the same rank as the older female, but the silver eyed mother had insisted. Cercelee had received far heavier burdens than she honestly deserved, and the guilt stung in Colibri more than anything. That was why she had to tell Cercelee now and not simply disappear like she had done earlier. She swallowed as Cer asked if she was all right. Truth was, she was not. She wanted to get away, away from everything, get rid of the chains and responsibility. The white adult had been around, but not where she had been needed. Everywhere else, but there. The rest of the pack had probably noticed as well.

It was simply too much of a mess. Maybe Colibri could have handled this in the past, but not today, nor in the future. It was simply too much for her to deal with it in any way. The random meeting with the coyote had been sort of useless. I really do apologize, Cer. From the depths of her heart, she truly did. They have already killed two of our males, which leaves us with one male, rest females, and they have a larger number than us. I don’t see any solutions. They were defenseless, weak. Colibri had been rather good at avoiding the coyote problem, however urgent it may was, and now when the topic rose, she found herself willingly panicking. She would clean up her own mess, then she would be free. She had lived too long on her own, and she was not suited for a life in leadership any longer, if she ever had been in the first place.

Im leaving, Cer. Direct, too direct, but she needed to get it out. It was a crushing truth, and she was betraying the other Rosea, but she saw no other solution. The pressure had been building up these months, and with Haku’s arrival and the constant presence, she could not handle it any longer. She was signing out.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread