I can't do this all myself.
[html]

Wait, Cer did not know? Now it was Mew's turn to be surprised, and her eyes widened when she heard the words. So, no one in the pack had been bothered to tell her? Mew wondered whether there was a reason why Iskata had not warned the pack leader instead of Mew; when the female had visited her she assumed she was the last one in the pack to know. Or perhaps her aunt had not meant to approach any of them, but had felt responsibility to do so after all because of the family bond. That would explain why she had not spoken to Cer. Frankly Mew had no idea why she had done what she did, but she was glad, despite how similar to a verbal fight the conversation had been. Iskata had also spoken to Haku, but obviously Haku himself had not told their leader about this. Now she also doubted whether Slay or Hanna knew. If Colibri had known, she would surely have told Cer. So it seemed, it was only Haku and herself in the pack that knew the truth. Truly it was only Haku that knew the full truth, but Mew did not wish to know. One thing was killing prey for eating, but killing for the sake of killing, and killing - even if they were coyotes - innocents as well... It was pictures Mew could do well to live without. Now, however, there was a war, and she was certain similar pictures would dance across her iris. She did not think of it as two sides of the same thing, though. Defending oneself in a war cannot be compared to attacking and killing an unsuspecting innocent - coyote or not.

Mew hesitated. Ears flickered this way and that as she thought of how to put it. What had happened was wrong, but it was also her brother. She could not decide whether she should tell it and definitely place the full blame on him, or give him the benefit of the doubt by speaking differently. When she finally spoke, her voice was hushed, but she kept her eye contact with her rosea. Iskata approached me and told me what had happened. She is a friend with Asphyxia, the coyote-bitch who took my children. Haku has killed one grown and one child coyote in our pack's name; he marked the scene with Dahlia flowers. The incident in Flander's Field was a reaction to that. Again her tail wanted to hug her stomach, although this time her feelings were mixed. There was some shame, shame because she had not told Cer before, shame because it was her own brother, her blood that had done this. Perhaps that, too, contributed to her mother leaving. Perhaps she was too ashamed to face her pack, after what her own child had done. And again there was some fear, although by Cer's own words she did not think she would react against the Mai. Still, she could not quench it.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread