the poetry of dead fish
[html]

Word Count → 300+ :: Poor little insecure Bambii.. I had a dream I was a caterpillar once.. Woke up, still a caterpillar.

It was no surprise that Bambi accepted the affection so easily. She was used to body language.. A consequence of having to use it so often. The comforting touches the woman was using were quite universal.
She had almost forgotten what it was like to have one so close.. Nana wasn't much of a cuddlier, especially because she often said that Bambi smelled like.. Well, dog. "Nana.." She mentally whimpered. Even the voice within her head sounded weak and insecure at this point.. If one had to describe it, they could probably say that it sounded as if she was walking on broken glass with bare paws.

The pain of the words the cat had spoken sent more ripples of pain coursing through her body. Not many caught the dog at her weak points.. But this was not her lowest. She remembered breaking down countless times soon after she had left the camp. Once of twice she thought of returning, for she was so unfamiliar with the outside world, it was scary. But they hurt her there. They tortured her. She nuzzled at the coywolf's neck, trying to bring herself to a happier place. The girl smelled like warmth.. Safety. And the words she spoke only confirmed that. It was hard to force herself to speak. Her throat felt dry, and her body ached. It felt as if someone was retracing over all her old marks, causing her more pain then when they originally did when she had first gotten them.

Due to the quickness of the wolf's reaction, she had avoided a panic attack. She had never been so easily calmed before. "They're going to come.. The masters. They'll beat me again.. P-Punish me.." She said, the words causing her to release another pained cry. She almost smiled along with the girl as she remarked on the scars that Bambi had noticed earlier.. "Bambi." She said. She tossed the girl's name around in her head. It sounded like something you would name a vicious creature. One with words that were as poisonous as a Viper's venom.. "But she's not like that, is she?" Bambi could only hope the help of this girl didn't come with consequences. She had often found that most didn't give things away for free. Even comforting touches.

<style>
.heraldictxt-2 {font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px; padding:0px 95px 0px 0px; background-image:url(http://soulsrpg.com/images/pride/templa ... plate2.png); background-repeat:repeat-y; background-position: top right;}
.heraldictxt-2 p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.heraldictxt-2 p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.heraldictxt-2 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.heraldictxt-2 p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:10px 5px;}
.heraldictxt-2 b {letter-spacing:.05em;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread