Road Trip
[html]
Wayne is such a jealous boy sometimes. / +376

Wayne wasn’t so happy when the other male mentioned Dixie being an attractive girl…he knew that she was beautiful and often thought it himself, but he did not like it when other men brought it to attention. It meant that either they were interested in her and content to just make comments or that they were going to make a move. Of course, having been infatuated with the little white female since the day they met when they were both so young, he was not impressed with anyone else’s efforts to steal his girl away. He knew that she had no idea about his feelings, and he wanted to wait until they were a bit older and had a stable place to live before making his intentions clear. In that time, though, he was determined to protect her and keep the other mutts away from sniffing around. The large male shifted slightly and flopped a large paw over Dixie’s lap, tugging her closer to him in a clear show of possession.

Dixie wasn’t paying any attention to her friend anymore and was just smiling and nodding at the stranger whose name she still did not know. The word ‘attractive’ registered and caused her to pause for a moment, but she didn’t really think anything of it. Of course she was not attractive! She’d been on the road for days with horses and all kinds of stuff. Her usually pristine white fur was now a bit off color from dust and her fingers were stained a soft green from the grass basket weaving. Deciding to ignore that comment and pay attention to the other part, she just shrugged her shoulders and looked down at the sand, frowning a little bit. At first I just wanted to get away for a while, to explore…and Wayne here followed me and then we began travelin’ together. I guess we just never turned back. Eventually I want to go back to see my home, but I do like it here, despite the horrendously cold weather.

Dixie looked back up at the male and tilted her head to the side, her hands resting on Wayne’s head again. What about you? Where do you come from…why are you out here all alone?

<style type="text/css">
.dixieemaay b {font-weight:bold; color:#babeb5; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #4b4d49; }
.dixieemaay p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.dixieemaay {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#888985; background-image:url(http://i51.tinypic.com/2mzqyo.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 220px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#4e5149; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.dixieemaay p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.dixieemaay p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread