Road Trip
[html]
Dixie and Mido should flirt some, piss Wayne off. XD / +414

Dixie paid close attention to what the male was saying, smiling when he mentioned his name and then went on to explain his living situation. It was a common enough story; she’d heard many canines speak of never being able to find a stable home until they found some kind of pack to be with. The girl wondered what pack life would be like, surely not like her own family had been. Her father and Wayne’s father had both been alpha males, and best friends, and had shared the responsibility of caring for each other’s families…but it hadn’t ever been a pack mentality. There were no ranks, no eating order or anything like that. They were always way too busy working on the small farm to be bothered by setting up their tiers of command. While the girl was very interested in maybe being in a pack one day, she wasn’t so sure how it would work or if she and Wayne would fit in at all.

When he spoke of exploring the girl’s jaws parted into a knowing grin, as she was very much a curious explorer herself. But then he said something about no one wanting to accompany him to go anywhere. That just made her heart hurt and she started to move forward; only to be stopped by Wayne’s heavy paw and head laying over her lap. The large male growled softly deep in his chest and looked up at her with his deep chocolate eyes. Dixie sighed and leaned over, grabbing his face and pressing her nose to his in a friendly little kiss between what she thought of as a littermate. Wayne, can you go check on the horses? We’ve been gone for a while…I’ll be fine, I always am. The male’s eyes had grown wide at the nose touch and he nodded absent mindedly, standing and wandering back towards the horses with a slow ambling pace.

When he was about twenty feet away, Dixie turned back around and moved closer to Mido, sitting near enough to reach out and touch him. I’m sure someone would have come with you if you had asked them… A sad look came over her head and she reached out, placing her tiny hand on his head and rubbing gently between his ear. She knew that some Luperci hated being ‘pet’, but she loved it and Wayne didn’t have a problem with it, so she sometimes forgot to keep her hands to herself.

<style type="text/css">
.dixieemaay b {font-weight:bold; color:#babeb5; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #4b4d49; }
.dixieemaay p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.dixieemaay {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#888985; background-image:url(http://i51.tinypic.com/2mzqyo.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 220px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#4e5149; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.dixieemaay p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.dixieemaay p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread