Ain't No Sunshine
((You didn't specify where in the manor they were, so she's in her room. *hugs* WC:337))

The former leader shelved the book on bows slowly, her eyes scanning her room. She'd found a nice little room almost exactly next to Soran's room, in between Soran and the workshop. It had shelves for her books and the journal she was starting again. The window was large enough she didn't feel closed in. She already had lavender drying in her closet, tied in a bunch and hanging upside down. She used it for many things, but mostly she just liked the smell of it. Yes, it reminded her of Chaos in an almost unpleasant way, but it was her favorite scent still. She brushed her fingers over a well loved volume of poetry, lost in thought. Just down the hall was the love of her life, and she still hesitated to ask Soran to be her mate again. She wanted to give the woman time, she had the feeling that her dark angel needed to make up her mind about something, though she didn't know what it was.

A deep voice caught her attention, and she turned. The dark male standing in the open door was almost a stranger and she caught herself staring. The word he spoke registered, and a slow smile spread across her scarred face. She stepped toward him, laughing softly. "Jaz. You've grown up so much..." She had to look up at him, and it made her laugh again, as happy as she had been when she saw Tal at the border. Her tail wagged as she held out her arms, unaware of his unhappiness with her. "Come give your mother a hug, dear. I haven't seen you in so long, how have you been? How did you get the scars?"

She grinned widely at her oldest son. "Your brother Tal was here the other day. He has a mate, and he's the medic of the pack he's in, Cercatori D'Arte. And I hear you've made me a grandmother as well?" She giggled, a sound that made her sound years younger.

Messages In This Thread