What Was That Noise?
[html]

The unpreparedness of the younger canine both amused and worried Vesper, though she tried not to be too serious about it. She could go into a tirade about how one must always expect the unexpected and that such nonsense, but that was something an old fogey would do, not a two-year-old. Besides, this girl hadn’t had much hardship in her life, apparently, so she had to be glad for that rather than fret over her chances.

Vesper was successful in knocking the dark wolf down. She lashed her tail, waiting for the girl to get back up then nodding in encouragement after telling her to attack.

Blind did not waste time in leaping forward in much the same way as the coywolf had. Ves did not miss the closing of her eyes, and she anticipated the landing, quickly hopping back out of the way.

She smirked briefly at the wolf’s enthusiasm then pointed out, “You closed your eyes, sweetheart. You might miss something important if you do that. I could’ve opened my mouth up and you would’ve landed on my teeth without any way to be prepared for it.”

The tawny female quickly leaped backward again, choosing to circle around the dark wolf with a slinking, predatory gait. “Don’t be afraid to break away from an opponent. Use strength and space to your advantage. Get away if you can, and strategize—watch your opponent’s movements and figure out what place is best to attack.” She leaped in again, this time not choosing to knock the wolf down but to snap lightly at her bad leg. She hoped that Blind could move out of the way in time, but if her teeth connected, she was careful not to hurt her.

<style type="text/css"> .vesparrow b {font-weight:bold; color:#c68e58; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #FFFFFF; } .vesparrow t {font-style:italic; color:#c68e58; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #FFFFFF; } .vesparrow p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;} .vesparrow {margin:0 auto; width:480px; background-color:#dfc4a8; background-image:url(http://i53.tinypic.com/2iqoilg.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #827262; border-radius:30px; padding: 10px 0px 400px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#827262; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;} .vesparrow .ooc {margin:5px 0px 10px 0px; font-style:italic; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:center; width:100%;}</style> [/html]

Messages In This Thread