Take advantage of my hospitality
He couldn't help but to grin crookedly at her as she admired the tattoo. His grin widened as she asked what it meant. "The claddagh stands for three things." He looked into her eyes as he explained it. "The clasped hands stand for friendship. The crown stands for loyalty. And finally, the heart, it stands for love." Love, loyalty, and friendship; three things the mud hued male felt for the snowy angel in front of him. His eyes darkened again as she asked what he'd done to make Skye angry, he simply shrugged, a bit of his old attitude entering his movements.

As she did as he asked, though, his mood lightened again. Her joy at the gift made him grin again, his tail resuming it's wagging. "Sorry, kiddo, didn't make it. Got no talent in that way. But I did find it, and knew how much you would love it. Reminded me of Dichali," he teased. He hugged her again as she shared her news on her rank. It was good someone was moving up in the world, especially since it made her so proud of herself. And of course, he was proud of her too.

Her next words stole his breath away. Three words, words he thought himself, but didn't dare say. Despite his stillness, a smile stole across his face, the smile of the male he could have been if not for the minor issue that ran through his veins. He couldn't quite bring himself to echo those three words, but her took her hand and pressed it to the raised tattoo of the claddagh. He looked into her eyes as he spoke in a soft, warm whisper. "I got it for you."

Messages In This Thread