hidden and found
((If it's okay, I'd like to backdate this post to Sept. 21. I can't remember how far you can backdate a post, or where the rules on backdating posts are, so...
Also I am bad at coming up with clever titles for threads. >.>))

Alma thought it was important to show herself to be useful to her new clan, which was why she had gone hunting. Two days later and she had come back with less than she thought she would find: two rabbits, which were now tied around waist with a leather cord. It was an embarrassingly small find, considering how long she had been tracking a deer - only to have the arrow miss and it bound away before she could reach for another.

As the coywolf traveled home, she considered skinning the creatures and using their fur to make something more useful. She had seen luperci wearing fur that was not their own before - it couldn't be that hard, right?

Several wolf skulls dangling from a tree told her she had reached Inferni's border. Navigating by sight and memory, the coywolf led herself out of the Forest of Nod and into the plain-like territory that seemed to stretch over most of Inferni. It was not long before she reached Grimwell Caverns.

The cave she had chosen to hide her spear in was not big enough for her to stand up properly in her Optime form, but it was dry. The latter was a necessary trait when storing something made of wood.

Alma set aside her bow and poked her head and hands inside, trying to reach for her spear. Nothing. She frowned, and tilted her body forward so half of her was inside. Still, she felt only smooth limestone rock.

That was when she noticed an unfamiliar scent in the cave. Someone had been there while she was gone. The coywolf quickly pulled herself out and picked up her bow. If her nose was correct, it was a young coyote, a packmate that she hadn't met but still recognized as being of Inferni. They couldn't have gotten far.

Messages In This Thread