The Final Showdown
[html]

I'm assuming that Chapel is mostly out of sight? Mel hope it's okay that I mentioned Kesho going to Enkiel for pain sometimes... Tongue Also hope it's fine that I didn't really have him confront her yet. I figure I will do that in my next post, unless Tammi wants Hybrid to come in and attack first? :O For now Kesho's just sorta chillin' behind the bushes/trees/whatev.

The old coyote hadn't had much time to bond with Inferni's youth himself, but even he knew their worth. They were born to Inferni, and carried the blood of the coyote and nothing else (or too little for Kesho to care). For this alone, the Causarius knew that they must be protected. Hybrid was teaching them the old ways, and Kesho knew that Talitha and Halo would raise the children with the proper sternness. They would succeed him, and likely half of the clan. They were truly the future; it wasn't often that Inferni's women bore children, and their numbers were always few. But now, they had five young children in their ranks, and one older girl who would soon hold an adult rank.

Kesho had caught their scent on the wind; several of the children gathered in one familiar place. The beach. A favorite haunt of his, he easily followed the invisible path he's traveled so many times before, red eyes staring ahead, his nose low to the ground, stalking their trail. Were they alone? Besides Symera, he knew that the oldest puppies were hardly in their fourth month. If they were his, he would have been nearby. Regrettably, Kesho had never fathered an Inferni-born child himself. You still have time, he thought to himself, though he hardly believed it.

His aging body had started to fail him. In his second fight with Shawchert, his rear flank had been badly torn. The flesh had scarred heavily there, and he walked with a noticeable limp. It did not keep him from getting around, though after a time the muscle would ache from strain. His Optime form only made it worse, so in recent months he had stayed on four legs as often as he could. The greying coyote had paid visit to their jackal healer on occasion, but he hated feeling like he was relying on those medicines.

The salty air tingled his nose, the scent of the sea almost stronger than that of the puppies now. He came to a halt before the trees ended and made way for the wide expanse of rocky beach, crimson eyes peering out between the leaves at the babes playing. With no parent in sight, Kesho became concerned, though did not approach yet. His gaze darted to catch movement, but just as quickly it was hidden again. His old eyes narrowed, suspicious, and large ears darted forward. Ignoring the pain in his leg now, he crouched, now intensely focused on the spot he'd seen shadows move. Who would be creeping around like that? He sniffed, but could not recognize the scent, though it was native. The Causarius may not have been as fast as he was years ago, but he was certain he would be fast enough, should anything threaten the future of his home.

<style>
.kfree-01 {margin:0px auto;width:450px;background-color:none;background-image:none;background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom;border:none;padding:0px;font-family:Georgia;font-size:12px;line-height:16px;text-align:justify;margin-top:10px;}
.kfree-01 .ooc {font-style:italic;font-size:11px;line-height:15px;text-align:right;margin:2px;text-indent:0px;}
.kfree-01 .ooc b {font-weight:bold;font-style:normal;}
.kfree-01 .divider {border-bottom:1px dotted;}
.kfree-01 p {text-indent:20px;margin:0px;padding:5px 10px;}
.kfree-01 b {font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1px;}
.kfree-01 i {font-style:italic;letter-spacing:1px;}
.kfree-01 u {font-style:italic;text-decoration:none;font-variantConfusedmall-caps;border-bottom:1px dotted;letter-spacing:1px;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread