The Final Showdown
((If I hadn't joined a thread after this one, I would have gotten her injured. Sad It'd be hard to explain her hunting and walking about normally now.))

Alma noted the elder’s bristled fur, and that the two males seemed to be on edge for some reason. She followed the gaze of one of them and saw a third coyote creeping about in the bushes, just before it lunged toward a puppy. Alma stood staring in disbelief while the elderly coyote sprang forward to intercept the attacker.

It took a few moments to register just what was happening, her mind unable to cope with the idea that someone would attack their own clan's puppies. She tried desperately to think of some reasonable explanation for what was happening.

The sound of a puppy's wailing broke her stupor and made her realize that, whatever it was, it was serious and that the reason for it didn't matter at just this moment.

"Find Gabre-- I mean -- find Ezekiel! Quick!"

While Alma had been busy trying to figure out what was happening, the other male was running to place himself in the way of the pups. Shame flooded her upon realizing that she had been inactive while lives were at stake. Now she did not bother to think, and immediately responded to his command by turning and sprinting in the direction of Ezekiel's cave.

She began on two feet, but soon was running on four. Her body was unconsciously changing into Secui form for speed. Her limbs were the first thing to change, causing her to stumble a bit as she ran. "Ezekiel! Eeeezekiel!" The coywolf howled, before picking herself up and continuing onward.

Messages In This Thread