hollow heroes
[html]
Skoll Haskel
male · one year · wolfdog · cour des miracles · captain

2011 · puppy prince

1. a conundrum (November)

Skoll play-acts the story of the humans' demise with the trickster coywolf Terra.

2. little kings and hoppy things (November)

Skoll gets hunting tips from his big brother Liam.

3. ghouls and spools (November)

Skoll thinks there's a ghost in the Chien Hotel!

4. crime scene investigation (November)

Skoll hears about the origin of his name from his mother.

5. plunder and blunder (November)

Skoll is joined by his packmate Shandom while exploring Lunenburg.

6. broken memories (November)

A strange woman from the evil AniWayan tribe comes to the Court, but Skoll is perplexed to note that she's quite nice. He, Ayita, and Hati show "Lady 'lohi" around and ease the post-war tension between their packs.

7. dream of fairies and summer (November)

Skoll is disappointed to see the magical meadow is dead and fairy-less. He meets a rather grounded member of the pack, Caspa, and debates fairies with her for a while. He is enamored with the woman, though, even if he insists that she's part ghost!

8. the great unknown (November)

Skoll and Terra explore a mysterious temple.

9. i was born this way (December)

Winter has truly come! Skoll and his siblings play in the snow.

10. at a crossroads (December)

Skoll meets a young Cercatori d'Arte wolf named Erzulie. She teaches him about spirits, such as Papa Legba, and paints a veve on him.

11. chills and hills (December)

Skoll gets lost just outside of the Kingdom. He meets a funny-speaking stranger named Frodo and proceeds to bombard the adult with questions. He learns a lot of things, like the fall of Caesar, before Frodo takes the sleepy puppy home.

12. slime and snails, or puppy dog tails (December)

Skoll meets a strange little puppy named Sophie. They're perplexed by each other, one a lone child and the other a pack prince, but eventually they end up playing and making friends.

13. i'm so sane it's driving me crazy (December)

Skoll chats with Robin about the winter solstice.

14. sometimes i find myself wondering (December)

Skoll meets Alder and learns a bit about his past and his horses.

15. con bravura (December)

Terra and Caspa practice their magic show for Skoll.

2012 · year title here

1. innocence and instinct (January)

While exploring the forest, Skoll meets an old wolfdog and his granddaughter.

2. i like to pretend i'm burning bright (January)

Venturing out into the forest, Skoll encounters an angry bobcat. The creature attacks him, but a wolf named Anatole fends it off and takes the boy home.

3. life collecting dust (January)

Skoll meets his older nephew, Jiva Takekuro.

4. the trouble with kids (January)

Terra gives Skoll some pointers on how to fight bobcats.

5. rage against the sea (January)

A swim goes wrong, and Skoll finds himself floundering in the ocean. A collie woman named Neela dives into the water and saves his life.

6. take what you want, give nothing back (January)

A sniffly Skoll tries to drive an intruder from his house, but the stranger is only Trent, a new member of the pack. Skoll takes pity on him and tries to help him out.

7. you've rather a long way to go, young master (February)

Skoll helps his mother in the garden and learns about his late uncle, Zafier.

8. it was seven o' clock of a very warm evening in the Seeonee hills (February)

A cowboy gives Skoll a couple of books at the Winter Festival.

9. for mowgli the frog i will call thee (February)

Robin teaches Skoll how to read.

10. march on soldier (February)

Skoll and his family play in the mud.

11. exploring can wait... (February)

Skoll goes to Cercatori d'Arte and hunts with one of its members, Bambi.

12. magnifique bateau (February)

Skoll and Terra check out the d'Artisan boat.

13. plants and playdates (February)

Skoll gets into the d'Arte gardens and is found by one of the pack members, Taliesin.

14. shake it out (February)

Skoll explores the barn and finds Orin Takekuro, who is his brother-in-law Niro's sister.

15. too little, too late (February)

Skoll meets Alder's Crimson Dreams brother, Oak. He reassures the puppy about his size and takes him home from d'Arte.

16. mighty oaks from little acorns grow (March)

Spring and sunlight rule the Kingdom -- and Skoll shifts for the first time!

17. colors unlocked (March)

Skoll explores Lunenburg's shops with his half-brother, Kable.

18. a bit too far (March)

While exploring the hills, Skoll comes across a puppy named Kace. He's perplexed by her intelligence and her status as a loner, and he's even more astonished to find that her guardian is a lynx! It's suggested that she join Cour des Miracles, and Skoll is happy to lead her home.

19. first contact (March)

Skoll brings Kace to the Court, where his father the King accepts her.

20. a wayside adventure (April)

Because of his participation in Cercatori d'Arte, Skoll is given a gift -- his very own horse!

21. clearing the field (April)

Skoll helps to clear the field for the big amphitheater project.

22. you've lost nothing but your self-conceit (April)

Skoll and Terra get into mischief together, although the tables have turned since Skoll has gotten older.

23. i'm not sure i can do it (April)

Skoll pesters his brother Liam, who's been cooped up reading books lately. Liam gives him a copy of Romeo and Juliet.

24. spring fever (April)

Skoll stalks a puppy who seems to have wandered too far from home. She mistakes his concern for bad intentions and attacks him. They scuffle for a while then make introductions when they realize the other isn't a threat.

25. the horse and her boy (April)

Skoll is having a hard time taking Hwin out to ride, so Alder comes to help.

26. i will search the world (April)

Skoll goes out riding and meets a pretty Crimson Dreamer named Giselle, who seems as enamored with knights and storybooks as he does.

27. april showers (April)

Skoll is caught out in a terrible rainstorm. He seeks shelter with a blonde dog who asks about the Court; he's glad to oblige her.

28. hide and seek! (April)

Skoll notices Euphemia sneaking out, so he chases her and sees what's wrong.

29. off on a trip (May)

Skoll goes on his first adventure with Terra.

30. swap secrets (May)

Skoll and Terra meet a strange she-wolf who covers her scent.

31. bears to eat (May)

Terra tries to outsmart a bear and steal its kill; Skoll isn't too sure about the whole situation, but he rushes forward to protect his friend. They end up annoying the bear enough to send it packing..

32. tracking trouble (May)

Terra sneaks around Casa di Cavalieri's borders, leaving Skoll once again uncertain and sitting on the sidelines. When one of the Cavaliers smells them, however, they run for their life.

33. different sight (May)

Adelle and Skoll see each other's shifted forms for the first time when they meet to spar. Awkwardness ensues.

34. au claire de la lune (May)

Hati introduces Skoll to his night-world.

35. things are going my way (May)

Skoll chats with Niro. They broach a few awkward subjects, but Skoll is glad that the man has returned to the Court.

36. a spark and a bit of sulfur (May)

Skoll meets a Cavalier named Alyssum and learns a bit from her.

37. young and free (May)

Skoll investigates Crimson Dream's old territory and gets sidetracked by playing with a young d'Arte wolf.

38. a bouquet of bruises (June)

Adelle and Skoll admit they like each other, as awkwardly and abstractly as possible, of course.

39. school of mules (June)

Skoll meets the former Crimson Dreamer, Silvano Sadira. He instantly admires the man and tries to impress him.

40. look at this trove, treasures untold (June)

Skoll discovers the ship in Pirata's Grotto; he and Orin check it out.

41. have at thee, brother (July)

Dynamics are shifting in the Haskel-Catori family, and increased testosterone does not help it. Tension between the two brothers culminates into a fight.

42. boats and no's (July)

Skoll saves his half-nephew, Heiro, from the ocean -- but not without collateral damage.

43. palms cupped like shovels (July)

Skoll feels bad about not caring for the pack, and so he goes to help the recently-injured Niro. Niro ends up giving him skinning lessons.

44. just visiting (July)

Skoll and Adelle reunite, but both of them have changed -- Skoll as a result of his family feud and Adelle as a result of her grandfather's death. It isn't clear if their feelings for each other are the same, bu Skoll comforts her regardless.

45. fading but holding on (August)

Skoll visits his injured mother.

46. wannabe superhero (August)

Skoll patrols the south on the hunt for the creatures who attacked his pack, and meets a sad-looking AniWayan named Gemma.

47. defenders (August)

Skoll continues his patrol, but he ends up being mistaken for one of the bad guys!

48. urban monoliths (August)

Skoll takes a break to explore Halifax, where he meets a very rude wolfdog.

49. taxidermied terrors (August)

Skoll approaches the borders of Anathema, where he is met by one of its members: a very detached girl about his age. He gets creeped out and leaves.

50. boisterous steps (August)

Skoll finally visits Terra and her new puppies.

51. change on the wind (August)

A meeting is called in the Court to announce a shift in hierarchy: Strelein has been demoted, and newcomer Silvano has risen to his place. Skoll isn't sure what to think ... and the turmoil of the other pack members does not help matters.

52. it doesn't amaze me that we're livin' out of phrase, and quickly decaying (August)

Skoll runs into his old hero, Anatole, and the pair of them discuss fighting.

53. and onward we go (September)

Skoll meets a big, fluffy dog Luperci named Jimson and helps welcome him into the pack.

54. show me that fire in your heart (September)

Skoll spars with Silvano.

55. i know i miss more than i hit (September)

Jimson helps Skoll learn to wield a staff.

56. don't take the girl (September)

Ayita Catori dies the day before her children's first birthday.

57. joyeaux anniversaire (September)

On his birthday, Skoll flees the Kingdom and bumps into Adelle again. She comforts him in his grief, but it seems like something has changed between them...

58. digging for kryptonite on this one way street (September)

Distressed, Skoll loses his horse then bumps into a mocking, mute coyote. The two get into a scrap.

59. when my face don't seem to want to shine, 'cause it's a little bit dirty (September)

Skoll comes too close to the borders of Inferni and is driven off by another young male.

60. the trouble with storms (September)

During the hurricane, Charlotte Haskel falls into a fast-moving river. Skoll leaps in to save her, and they're in turn rescued by Mars Russo's alter personality, Bartholomew.

61. hiding it's easy enough (October)

Skoll talks with his half-sister, Amaranth.

62. muddied roots (October)

Skoll plays with Silvano's young boy, Pascal Sadira.

63. there's a hate inside me like some kind of master (October) (M)

Skoll explores Halifax, only to find a recently-assaulted dog named Keziah. He does his best to help her, and eventually she agrees to come with him to the Court.

Very Simple Character Archive by Sie; code edits by raze

[/html]

Messages In This Thread