[AW] Welcome Home
[html]

Word Count » 491
I haven't written with Slade for a long time so I apologize for the rambly post.

Slade Auctor

Slade Auctor knew nothing about plants, but he was fairly certain that a giant patch of sunflowers didn't just grow in a matter of months.

Having been away from his homeland of Nova Scotia for months, the weary coyote had been searching desperately for any sign of famliarity until he came across the Halcyon Mountains. From there he had tried to go around the bottom to avoid having to climb over them, but unfortunately his straightforward path was blocked by a river and he had no desire to jump or swim to get across it. This had extended the length of his journey by a day, as he had to walk upstream, up the mountains, and go around and down.

Things hadn't ended there, because rather than face the borders of a coyote pack which he had passed last winter when coming to the area, Slade found himself lost in a massive flower field after losing a mouse within its tangles. Once realizing that he had gotten ridiculously lost among the tall stalks he became aware of the constant cawwing of crows, ravens, or whatever birds had decided to peck among the seeds in the area.

He had arrived a little before dawn and now it was almost noon. Slade was surrounded by the sound of leaves rustling and birds screaming, which wasn't good for his somewhat fragile sanity; he hadn't come back a happier canine and had seen things which he could never imagine without having nightmares. Now he was finally back in a somewhat familiar area and he was lost in a maze of yellow and green.

Had his mind been clearer Slade might have realized that the scents of sunflowers were becoming mixed with other wild plants and that only a few paces would have led him to freedom, but instead he was pacing to and fro, limping slightly from a nearly-healed shoulder injury, thinking about the strangest of topics. Every so often his thoughts would be interrupted by the screeching of a crow, and he would jump but see nothing. I just want to be back home. I can't just go back to my pack, can I? No, I've got to be lost in a freaking--

“CAWWW!” Slade froze, looked up, and found himself meeting the eyes of a black bird of some sort, which was tentatively looking at the nearest sunflower, wondering if it was a safe place to land. Anger boiled over and the miserably lost coyote snapped. “Shut up you godforsaken animal!”

<style>
.slade-txt {font-family: 'Palatino Linotype', palatino, georgia, serif; font-size: 14px; line-height:20px; letter-spacing:.5px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px; padding:0px 0px 5px 0px; margin:5px auto; width:500px; }
.slade-txt .inner {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/XXDEO.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; }
.slade-txt .ooc {font-family:verdana, geneva, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:justify; margin:5px auto; width:500px;}
.slade-txt .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; font-style:normal;}
.slade-txt .tagline {font-family:'Zeyada', arial, serif; font-size:30px; padding:25px 15px 13px 0px; text-align:right;}
.slade-txt p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:5px 10px;}
.slade-txt .inner .tagline + p {text-indent:0px;}
.slade-txt .inner .tagline + p:first-letter{ display:block; margin:5px; float:left; font-size:60px;}
.slade-txt b {letter-spacing:1px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
.slade-txt u {text-decoration: none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; font-style:italic; font-variantConfusedmall-caps;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread