between angels and insects
[html]

A nonthreatening bark dragged Vesper out of her reverie, and her blue eyes drifted to a pale figure approaching. Her expression sharpened with interest, coyote-large ears tilted forward as she sized up the other female: quite larger than her, which was unsurprising considering the hybrid’s small size. She had interesting eyes, the dramatic difference in color just visible from the distance between them.

“Good day,” the loner returned, her voice not as loud as the other’s. She was sure the intentions of the words would come across even if the wind whisked the actual sound away.

The tan-striped stranger asked if she was hunting prey, and the confusion on the coywolf’s face immediately transformed into amusement. The side of her mouth crooked back in a smirk, and she retorted, “I had hoped if I sat still for long enough, an unsuspecting bird might come to see me as a tree.” She quite appreciated sarcasm and teasing humor, and that immediately lifted her opinion of the older wolf. She rose languidly and stepped closer so they would not have to raise their voices as much to speak.

“What’s your name?” Vesper asked. The question was simple enough, but there was an expectant look in her eyes that asked more: What can I help with? She knew that some canines were simply very outgoing and liked to chat with strangers, but more often than not—at least, in her own experience as a loner—they wanted to know something. She personally had asked a lot of questions since entering Nova Scotia—though this female seemed too mature and smelled too much of the land to be clueless about territories.

“I’m Vesper,” she added politely, knowing that some canines were loath to give away that kind of information without a trade.

<style type="text/css">
.vesparrow b {font-weight:bold; color:#c68e58; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #FFFFFF; }
.vesparrow t {font-style:italic; color:#c68e58; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #FFFFFF; }
.vesparrow p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.vesparrow {margin:0 auto; width:480px; background-color:#dfc4a8; background-image:url(http://i53.tinypic.com/2iqoilg.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #827262; border-radius:30px; padding: 10px 0px 400px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#827262; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;}
.vesparrow .ooc {margin:5px 0px 10px 0px; font-style:italic; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:center; width:100%;}</style> [/html]

Messages In This Thread