between angels and insects
[html]
[/html] Tayui heard the hybrid return her greeting with one of her own and then trade a joke for a joke. Tayui flicked her right ear forward and then smirked wickedly. She chortled inelegantly when the girl finished the joke and let her expression relax into a wide grin. She was going to try and take something away from her meeting with Zalen and so, rather than being immediately defensive, she would try to recall some that good humour she'd had when she was younger. If she could coax herself into being a bit friendlier, then perhaps she could coax her conversation partner to be a little more open to a suggestion.

While she was glad her little remark had worked, she didn't see the need to continue it. So, when the wolf asked for her name, she didn't say anything, but waited to see if there was more. She raised her brow ridges in a decidedly human fashion and tilted her head, wondering if there was more to come. Indeed, the hybrid introduced herself as Vesper. Tayui inclined her head appreciatively and then spoke up.

"Noir Aston," she replied, feeling much calmer now that the other wolf had offered her name first. Though, she'd understood the tone of Vesper's question to be more than an introduction. Tayui felt like there had been a question of determining her intent in Vesper's greeting, so Tayui quickly added: "I'm just out for a stroll and thought I'd say hello. I do hope that's fine. I'm a loner like you judging by the scent, so I've found it helpful to trade information when we can to keep ourselves out of trouble." She offered the girl a wry smile, but no further explanation. She could surely come up with her own ideas of what sorts of trouble into which a loner might get themself.
[html]
[/html]

Messages In This Thread