between angels and insects
[html]

Vesper had been right in offering her name first, as she could see the suspension of the woman’s brows as well as sense the general ease of tension afterward. Trust was a tricky game among loners; while some wolves were young adults who’d dispersed from their birth clans, others had harsher reasons for wandering about on their own, and going to excessive lengths to prove you weren’t a threat wasn’t uncommon. Ves might not have shown the same respect and consideration to a younger wolf, but she could sense the experience this pale wolf carried. She jumped to conclusions about others’ stupidity a lot, but she wasn’t so arrogant as to assume she was better than someone who’d survived middle age.

The coywolf nodded as the woman introduced herself as Noir, filing the name away on the off chance she’d need it. She didn’t expect to meet most wolves a second time, but she’d carry a mental note around for a while just in case. Whatever transpired during a meeting, of course, affected how memorable another was, too.

She gave a quick smirk to show that she didn’t mind an out of the blue greeting—the hybrid wasn’t that stuck-up—and nodded in understanding when Noir mentioned trading information.

“I’m sure you have more to offer than I do,” Vesper said, flashing her teeth in amusement. “I’m new to the area, you see. Though I already learned there are a lot of you luperci around here. Not always friendly toward my kind.” Her smirk turned slightly bitter as she thought of the red-patched woman who’d turned her nose up at a non-luperci.

<style type="text/css">
.vesparrow b {font-weight:bold; color:#c68e58; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #FFFFFF; }
.vesparrow t {font-style:italic; color:#c68e58; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #FFFFFF; }
.vesparrow p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.vesparrow {margin:0 auto; width:480px; background-color:#dfc4a8; background-image:url(http://i53.tinypic.com/2iqoilg.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #827262; border-radius:30px; padding: 10px 0px 400px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#827262; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;}
.vesparrow .ooc {margin:5px 0px 10px 0px; font-style:italic; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:center; width:100%;}</style> [/html]

Messages In This Thread