between angels and insects
[html]

The woman did not seem to be able to form a proper smile, but that didn’t put Vesper off at all. Smiles came with some difficulty to the young coywolf; a smirk was much simpler and could range anywhere from genuine to fake. Her smiles came only when she truly softened up to those she was talking to, which likely wouldn’t happen this meeting, as much of a decent opinion as she had of the female.

Noir mentioned that some canines could be surprising, and Vesper nodded after a moment’s thought. “You can only gather so much by just looking at someone,” she said, her voice low almost in acknowledgment that she wasn’t contributing much to the conversation. She’d been surprised by those she’d cared about, even, surprised how pathetic they could really be.

The woman seemed somewhat surprised that someone would discriminate against Vesper, who nodded in agreement with her words then clarified what she’d meant. “No one’s really cared that I’m half-and-half yet,” she muttered, knowing that it’d probably be a matter of time. She lifted a forepaw, smirking disdainfully. “No, it’s the thumb thing they can’t get over. I happened to be born non-luperci and don’t feel like changing that anytime soon, so everyone assumes I’m a waste of space.” She had nothing against the multi-formed creatures and could see some of the usefulness of hands and size, and she would probably be “normal” had she been born as one. However, she didn’t feel like sexing up some stranger or bleeding enough to cause the change.

“A lot of prejudice against certain species comes mainly from hurt in the past,” Vesper added, her voice softening slightly as she went back onto Noir’s topic. “But my power-lusting fool of a father was a wolf, and I don’t curl my lip at every wolf that walks by.” She frowned slightly, looking back out across the plains and tasting a small hint of salt as she licked her lips. “Some people just see ghosts.”

<style type="text/css">
.vesparrow b {font-weight:bold; color:#c68e58; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #FFFFFF; }
.vesparrow t {font-style:italic; color:#c68e58; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #FFFFFF; }
.vesparrow p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.vesparrow {margin:0 auto; width:480px; background-color:#dfc4a8; background-image:url(http://i53.tinypic.com/2iqoilg.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #827262; border-radius:30px; padding: 10px 0px 400px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#827262; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;}
.vesparrow .ooc {margin:5px 0px 10px 0px; font-style:italic; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:center; width:100%;}</style> [/html]

Messages In This Thread