between angels and insects
[html]
[/html]Tayui noticed the other wolf raise her eyes to her own, and for a second, Tayui felt the fur on the back of her neck stand on end preparing herself for a confrontation. However, the girl’s glance wasn’t one of challenge: she looked too inquisitive and searching for that, so Tayui tried to relax. Tayui smirked as the girl parroted her words back to her, responding with an intelligent gleam in her eyes. Yes, very good: stay away from the big bad monsters. If she could do anything, it would be to destroy Salsola’s hopes of establishing a good reputation for themselves. Their secrets would be thrown to the wind so that all might know how much of a travesty of a pack they were.

“Hmm,” Tayui replied thoughtfully. She considered Vesper’s suggestion that Salsola was well-guarded. Since she’d been there, she didn’t recall seeing an active police force in the sense Vesper thought. “I’m not so sure. I think they rely on their distance and secrecy to hide themselves away. They weren’t as big as Anathema; though, Inferni has never been very big but it’s always been vicious. Their reputation precedes them, I suppose. But coyotes don’t do well in big groups like wolves do; it’s just not in their nature. Whatever the reasons, I don’t remember Salsola as ever being very big.”

With that said, she grinned wickedly when the girl asked if she could offer anything in return. Yes, she would gain something from this. She replied: “information. Like I said earlier, I try to keep out of trouble, so knowing who’s who really helps. If you find out anything interesting, let me know if we meet again. I’ll be around these parts for a few more days. You already know my scent, so you might find me later.” She did hope she'd find Vesper again; the girl wasn't arrogant or domineering and seemed to have her wits about her. Like Tayui, she'd be smarter to be in a pack, but Tayui couldn't fault her for being in the same position she was in. [html]
[/html]

Messages In This Thread