between angels and insects
[html]

Vesper

I said, I cannot follow the river

of her myth; but I can

follow her sweet desert song

like a stream through the fiery hills.

Word Count → 310 :: I think this is done? :3 You could post once more if you wanted, or we can archive it. ^^

The white-furred woman explained that Salsola simply kept themselves distant and secret, and Vesper nodded slightly, though there was the slightest furrowing of her brow. Then did Noir have this information because she had been part of the pack? She quickly pushed aside the suspicion, knowing that even if she had been a member at one time, no loyal member would be spilling secrets like this. Noir was likely genuine in warning Vesper about these wolves, and it was better to skirt around an imaginary threat than walk right into a real one.

The word choice Noir used did allude to her being with the pack, but Vesper only nodded again at what she said. If distance and secrecy were the only barriers, it would take only information to turn others against them. “I’ll warn others,” the coywolf stated, not sure that she cared about enough others at this point to go out of her way to do so. However, she wouldn’t let some innocent wolf become enslaved and would help if she could. “I won’t tell them where I heard it.” Her teeth flashed in a thin line, almost teasing, almost insolent, but hopefully the fact that she was respecting Noir’s potential wishes to be hidden away from the packs she was badmouthing would be enough to keep this woman’s good opinion. Her ears lowered on cue from her wolf blood.

A wicked grin flashed in response to Vesper’s question, and her ears stood to attention as Noir explained she would have information in return. She added that Ves could find her by scent, and the hybrid nodded. When she wasn’t focused on surviving, she’d come find her. “Hopefully I’ll have grown wiser before I find you,” Vesper said with good humor. “Though I’ve already grown wiser since meeting you. Thanks for the information.” Her tail as in salute.

<style>
.vescoytext {width:480px; padding:10px; margin:auto; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/2cyp1f7.png); background-position:bottom left; background-repeat:no-repeat;}
.vescoytext p.ooc {font-style:italic; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.vescoytext p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.vescoytext .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.vescoytext p {text-indent:25px; margin:0px; padding:5px 5px;}
.vescoytext b {letter-spacing:.05em;}
.vescoytext t {font-style:italic; letter-spacing:.05em;}
.vescoytext .poem {float:right;font-size:30px; font-family: 'Amatic SC', cursive; text-align:center; line-height:20px; padding:0px 5px;}
</style>

[/html]

Messages In This Thread