...but I digress,
[html]

Starting to really like his thread. x3

The female seemed to have warmed up to him, and the offering of her name caused his smile to fade briefly in confusion, letting a glimpse of his real emotions through before he grinned again—slightly wickedly, this time. “Ephraim,” he replied simply before pricking his dark ears at her remark. Well, well, well… Precious has some fight in her as well. He had underestimated her a bit, what with her torn ears and weakness huddling up against the wall.

She’s playing my game, the eunuch realized, and for a second his grin became even broader. His comment on her promise was simple: “Boom.”

Then the hybrid began to giggle softly, though he hoped the Guardians were used to this noise—although they might have switched while the pair of prisoners were chatting. He ceased his rather silly chortles when Sky asked him a question, giving him time to start thinking before rambling on. She pointed out that it was strange for AniWaya to just lay back and let Maska walk all over them, and he nodded for a second, remembering that he had asked the scout, Ayasha. She’d mumbled something about “not having much choice in the matter,” and that left a host of theories but no clear reason why they hadn’t revolted yet.

“I actually haven’t been part of the Tribe long,” Ephraim explained, scratching his jaw absentmindedly. “I had heard about them and wanted to join up, so they let me—as free labor rather than a real member, because what else is a mixed-breed good for?” His voice wasn’t as bitter as someone who might be extremely proud of their heritage or sensitive about racism; he didn’t agree or appreciate it, but the hybrid remained a neutral viewpoint on most things, lest he started exploding at every wrong thing in the world.

“I’m not sure why the other AniWayans haven’t fought back yet—but perhaps they have and were beaten down. I’m not sure about how smart the Guardians are”—his voice lowered, his expression cheeky—“but I know they can fight. Perhaps the other Tribe members are cowards, or perhaps their pups were threatened. I don’t make a whole lot of sense, but… Maybe there just enough canines like you in the pack.” His eyes rolled teasingly. “Maybe we’ll never know. But I know there’s unrest growing and that many of the Tribe want to do something, just… They’re unsure of what they can do.”

<style type="text/css">
.ephfisher b {font-weight:bold; color:#eeffd3; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #12210e; }
.ephfisher t {font-style:italic; color:#eeffd3; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #12210e; }
.ephfisher p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.ephfisher {margin:0 auto; width:470px; background-color:#48592a; background-image:url(http://i53.tinypic.com/kckug8.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #12210e; padding: 10px 0px 360px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#83a54c; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;}
.ephfisher .ooc {margin:5px 0px 10px 0px; font-style:italic; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:center; width:100%;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread