...but I digress,
[html]

Hell, Ephraim was glad that the Guardians didn’t think to listen to the ramblings of a giggly eunuch and a beaten-down female prisoner. Sky was blatantly saying that she would kill Maska, given the chance, but he wasn’t sure that she would have that chance. As she said, they needed some sort of distraction, or they’d be cooped up in the cabin without contact with him forever. Shaking his head, he smiled lightly. “Your chance will show up, precious. You just need to look for it. And don’t go getting yourself ripped into shreds, either.” He lifted a hand to push some of his black dreads from his face, blowing some air out from his mouth quietly. “I mean, we have those other packs itchin’ to beat up the Tribe themselves.” Maybe they could slip out in the commotion, if something like that happened.

The brown female had noticed his downcast posture and came forward, resting her paws on his and asking if he was all right. The eunuch smiled and turned one paw over, holding her hand and rubbing his thumb over the back of it. He had been starved of comforting canine contact for seasons, perhaps even years.

“Do you have a pack, girl? Or at least a home to go back to?” Ephraim cocked his head, studying her face and her cloudy blue eye. “I have nothing. I don’t mind much, to tell the truth, but I’m not sure if I should be stayin’ or goin’ after all this mess is over.” He broke out into a broad grin. “Well, if I don’t die first.”

<style type="text/css">
.ephfisher b {font-weight:bold; color:#eeffd3; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #12210e; }
.ephfisher t {font-style:italic; color:#eeffd3; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #12210e; }
.ephfisher p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.ephfisher {margin:0 auto; width:470px; background-color:#48592a; background-image:url(http://i53.tinypic.com/kckug8.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #12210e; padding: 10px 0px 360px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#83a54c; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;}
.ephfisher .ooc {margin:5px 0px 10px 0px; font-style:italic; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:center; width:100%;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread