Frienemies
[html]

Yiska began to speak—and Vesper blinked in surprise when the words turned to her history. She had thought the woman would want to avoid such topics, but she had no problem lending an ear to someone who wanted to spill information. It might not help her, but it certainly wouldn’t hurt her, would it?

Her lips drew back slightly at mention of the predominately non-luperci pack, uncomfortable about that particular image. The dynamic between those who had the virus and those who did not was usually an uncomfortable one in this scenario, with the dominant two-leggeds and the pack respecting the luperci child only because of her status within the group.

But Vesper made no comment aloud, only nodding slightly when she mentioned her littermates—and a younger sister whose fate she didn’t know. She admitted that was who she was searching for, before shrugging and focusing her attention on the den, though her heart certainly wasn’t into it.

The coywolf sighed, not sure what she could really tell this female. Part of her wanted to reciprocate with the tale of her past—not wanting to have the timber woman uncomfortable while she just sat. She’d always demanded equivalent exchange when someone demanded information from her, and it would be going against her beliefs to stay silent.

“If you smell your own blood, it’s your own blood. I don’t know how someone could fake that.” The coyote hybrid came to the edge of the den, looking in. “Unless you remember her individual scent, perhaps it isn’t your little sister, but it might be someone from your past or a relation you’ve never met before. I’m sure that you’ll find something.” She tried to force a smile, but as always only a weak smirk turned up her lips. Of course, she knew that what Yiska might find might not be what she’d expected or wanted, but she would keep the cynicism to herself; it might be in the back of the she-wolf’s mind anyway.

She sighed, taking a seat once more. “I’m not directly looking for anyone, but I have a missing sister, too. Problem is, I think I know who she’s with if she’s alive…” The image of the black monster coaxing her out of the den returned to her, and she gave her head a shake. “If I meet someone who smells kind of like you, Yiska, I can let them know you’re looking. I’m sorry I can’t do more.”

<style type="text/css">
.angryvesp b {font-weight:bold; color:#9a658d; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#1b364d 1px 1px 1px;}
.angryvesp t {font-style:italic; color:#9a658d; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#1b364d 1px 1px 1px;}
.angryvesp p {padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.angryvesp {margin:0px auto; width:475px; background-color:#2c597f; background-image:url(http://i52.tinypic.com/1zme93o.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 400px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#c2cdcd; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread