Fish fry!
[html]<style type="text/css">
.denvergift b {font-weight:bold; color:#f1c86d; letter-spacing:1px; }
.denvergiftooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;}
.denvergift p {text-indent:25px;padding:5px 25px;margin:0px;}
.denvergift {width:425px;border:1px solid #181b22;background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... rtable.png);background-position:bottom center;background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-bottom:185px;background-color:#9b6e3c;text-align:justify;margin:10px;font-family:"Trebuchet MS", tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:11px;line-height:12px;color:#181b22;}
</style>

durrr denver sucks at conversation. Tongue sorry for this late short post. ><; maybe once he eats he'll stop being so lame.

Denver laughed, albeit a bit nervously, at her words about drowning. He swallowed hard, the mere thought of gasping for air but getting water instead filled him with dread. "Yeah..." he agreed, thinking on it. He preferred to stay dry, and he trusted boats, but now he wasn't sure if he would. One simple carpentry mistake and the whole ship could sink straight down, never to be seen again. Pale eyes turned towards the dark water, the moon's muddled reflection getting brighter with each passing minute. Soon it would be fully dark, and they would have only the moonlight and the firelight. The smell of the fish made his mouth water, and he had nearly tuned out her words when a familiar name drew him back in. Cours des Miracles. Now, what had she been talking about? "I don't know 'bout Russia, but Cours? I lived there, too, before here," he said, all thought of drowning now aside, brows furrowed with interest. "Wish there'da been more dogs," he finished, mumbling.

"Sorry 'bout your dad," he said, averting his gaze after catching hers, noting the moisture in her eyes. He wasn't good at this stuff. "My parents and I weren't that close," was all he offered. The ivory dog nodded at her as she gave her name, explaining it's origin and meaning. He liked the name; it seemed exactly as she described. "Ah, sorry..." he said, shaking his head as he wiped his hands, ready to shake hers. Her hands were full, though, so he rested his on his knees after a moment, not knowing what else to do with them. "I'm Denver. Mathis," he introduced, tagging on his last name rather unceremoniously. "I've been here a few months now; I like it better here." Denver's voice trailed off as he watched the meat brown, hungrily staring at it, his mind clearly preoccupied. He hadn't realized the depth of his hunger until now.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread