[J] Home,
Large golden eyes widened as Siku heard the sound of a horse approach, the curious tapping of its hooves alien to her. Seeing the animal, Siku's eared folded back and she slouched a bit lower out of anxiety as the creature neared. She knew who was atop the strange animal before she saw him. Her eyes finally flicked up to the rider, and as her eyes met the emerald orbs she expected her heart stopped. It was him. Siku's hands began to tremble madly as she glanced down promptly, her heart racing faster than ever before as she focused on breathing evenly. He was even more handsome than the last time she had saw him. Emotion choked her as well, she could sense and see that he was reserved but just as effected by the unexpected visit. Siku cleared her throat and moved to stand before the man, eyes cast downward the entire time. What he was thinking, she had no clue, and it scared her more than anything. Siku held the books closer to her bosom and, still glancing down, cleared her throat awkwardly before attempting to speak.

"Saul... I.." She paused for a moment, her entire body felt as it was on fire and being shocked at the same time. It was hard to find the words she sought. What could she say? Siku's blond-white hair was longer now, curlier, and fell in front of her eyes as she bit her lip and fought to speak steadily. "I don't know how long it's been.." She shuffled a bit, her golden eyes studying the flowers that rested along the stones. They were not the same as when she left. "I haven't even tried to keep track.." She whispered in a voice that was laced with pain and disbelief, as if she couldn't believe the situation. "I went.. I went back to Dahlia." The white woman spoke louder now, not looking up at the taller wolf but shrugging awkwardly. "Or what used to be Dahlia..." Her voice cracked as she remembered sneaking into Saul's room each night, and she couldn't help but wonder if there was someone else in his bed. Not that she had a right to ask. The young she wolf shook her head of such thoughts and gathered her nerves, granting herself one glance up at the face she memorized long ago. She dared not look for long, tipping her slender face downwards again before she thought he could notice. "I'm sorry, Saul. I never should have abandoned you. I should have told you how I felt, how out of place I was inside my own skin. I'm okay now, I know in my heart what I need. I need.." Her voice trembled with emotion. Shame, regret and raw longing. She truly missed him, despite her contradicting actions. She didn't want to be away from him. She was afraid he would turn her away, or become angry. At the same time she knew he had every right to. It scared her the most. Swallowing back her fear, Siku stared at Saul's feet as she spoke softer now. "I need a purpose, and I know it's here. I know it's in Ichika.." Siku cut herself short, unsure of his reactions and what she could say to explain without causing negative effect. "I have perfected my ability to read and write in my absence.." She spoke again, hoping he would see that she did not leave to waste away or live in a new pack. She left to improve herself in more ways than just literacy.

Messages In This Thread